This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Petrichor
Open Halyven 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta

R I X E N

I was glad that I could find no hint of discomfort in the mare's features. As in, my slight smile had been interpreted as friendly. Reassured, I exhaled softly. As more words escaped her lips, I realized how unfamiliar many of them were. Who, I wondered, was Kisamoa? What was Helovia? It must be another place, perhaps not too far off from the one that I hailed from. I wanted to ask her, but just as I was about to part my jaw to speak, the glowing sphere at Otem's shoulder began to move to a rhythm, almost like a heartbeat. My green eyes transfixed on the orb, I watched as it grew larger and smaller and then larger and smaller, until at last it began to separate. There were two orbs now, but curiously enough, they were equal in size. It was like some kind of otherworldly cytokinesis. 

One of the new orbs floated toward me, and I watched it. My body was alert, my ears forward, my muscles tight as my emerald gaze continued to follow the daughter orb as it drew closer. As it came to rest beside my shoulder, I slowly craned my neck to get a better look. My pink nostrils flared as I sniffed it. The orb pulsed brighter in response, then it dimmed again, bobbing up and down slightly. Learning more about my newfound orb and its magic would occupy my mind and give some sort of a purpose. And whatever the aforementioned sickness was, I could now rest assured that I could be safe from its deadly grasp.

Turning back toward the mahogany-coated mare, I spoke with a gracious tip of my antlers, "Thank you." The conversation flowed out of me naturally now, before I could think too much on what I should say next, "I haven't seen many others around either. Since I arrived here, I've been wandering on my own." I remembered my interest in the name she had mentioned earlier. I hoped that she would elaborate further if I mentioned that I did not know what he or she or it was. I worried that asking too many questions right away would annoy her, so instead I tried my best to convey my desire to know more using my tone. "I have never heard of this Kisamoa that you speak of."

Unsure how much of myself I wanted to share with the ram-horned pegasus, I closed my jaw before any more could slip out. Though I tried my best to be friendly to all I encountered, I had never been too open about myself. But that did not mean I had no manners. At the very least, if we were to become acquaintances, she ought to have a name to call me by. I added quickly, "My name is Rixen by the way. What's yours?"

"Talk."

you can put a quote here!
and finish it here.

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
Petrichor - by Rixen - 12-21-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Otem - 12-21-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Rixen - 12-21-2017, 08:42 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Otem - 12-21-2017, 08:52 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Rixen - 12-21-2017, 09:41 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Otem - 12-21-2017, 09:54 PM