This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Petrichor
Open Halyven 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta

R I X E N

I woke up to the drumming of rain and the slow drip, drip, drip of water onto my hide. I grumbled and snorted, shaking my head, as I rode the cusp of sleep's final waves onto the shore of consciousness. My emerald eyes gradually adjusted to the change in lighting, pupils shrinking and dilating, until, after a few moments, I could bear to lift my head and allow my vision to focus on the crumbled walls. I was alone, again. Since I had arrived in this place, I had encountered but a few of my kind. The day was cloudy, and past that I couldn't tell the time if I tried. Like the heaps of stones that surrounded me, the skies were charcoal gray, an obscured sun resting somewhere in the center; somehow, someway, faint hues of light streamed down upon me, fighting feebly against the deluge. I missed the warmth of the sun. Thunder grumbled in the distance, and I wanted to tuck myself back into the protection of the walls. But I was on a mission, one that could not be put off any longer.

Pushing the chill that haunted my bones aside, I emerged from the ruin. Though unsure which direction I should go, I was certain that when I started moving the air whispering through my thin coat and tickling the whiskers on my muzzle would subside. After all, I had been dealing with the rain and floods in the colder months, and surviving, wandering this desolate earth on my own for far longer. When I busied myself the coldness and the dampness wouldn't plague my mind as much. And so I proceeded to complete my usual wake-up "routine" of stretching and then shaking my entire body in an attempt to remove some of the excess water from my hair. I relished in the familiar cracks and pops my cramped, cold-locked bones made as I twisted every way possible. I released a low, deep exhale at the feeling of refreshment and invigoration that came over me. Then I proceeded, my hooves following the ivory-covered wall, prepared to see what this new day would bring.

"Talk."

you can put a quote here!
and finish it here.

image credits || coding credits

OOC: I'm back from hiatus, and I just wanted to throw Rixen back out there.. soo.. have at him!
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
Petrichor - by Rixen - 12-21-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Otem - 12-21-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Rixen - 12-21-2017, 08:42 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Otem - 12-21-2017, 08:52 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Rixen - 12-21-2017, 09:41 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Otem - 12-21-2017, 09:54 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Rixen - 12-22-2017, 02:12 AM
RE: Petrichor - by Otem - 12-22-2017, 02:52 AM
RE: Petrichor - by Rixen - 12-22-2017, 06:59 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Otem - 12-23-2017, 06:01 PM