This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Things That Never Die
Open Ultima 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N
The sound of a voice - was it a voice I heard over the crashing of the waves? Indeed, it was! My interest was immediately captured by the cheerful call. I resisted the urge to throw all caution to the wind and jump into plain view, my instinctive vigilance holding me back. Still at the mouth of the cave, I crept forward, hoping to get a better view of who, or what, it was outside before I would be forced to reveal myself. I was not one to be afraid of strangers, but the unfamiliarity of this land made me slightly more hesitant to introduce myself than usual.

Filled with curiosity, I peered through the entrance of the cave, stretching my neck outside as far as I could without coming any closer with the rest of my body, just enough for my emerald gaze to scan the area just outside the jagged mouth. Standing very close, almost directly in front of me, was a young buckskin stallion about my age. He stood at a height maybe a hair shorter than I, the perfect height for his sharp turquoise eyes to stare directly into my own green ones. He had a friendly look about him, and any amount of worry hiding in the depths of my minds that he might pose a threat to me vanished almost immediately.

The stallion's politeness further reassured me that he was quite tame, and meant no harm. "No, not at all," I smiled cheerfully, quite happy to have finally come across someone who might be able to tell me more about this place, "I was hoping to run into someone, but have had no such luck thus far. Until now, that is."

As most do, I preferred to put names to faces. So I did not hesitate to introduce myself, and ask the stranger's name in return. "I am Rixen. What is your name?"

I took this opportunity to move out of the shadows and into the open so that my company might get a better look at me. It would surely be rude of me to hide in a cave while in the middle of having a conversation with someone. I remembered that I must not appear too pleasant, my coat matted to one side from my sleep, and dusted with a layer of soil from the damp ground I had made my bed upon still clinging to me. The once stark white sections of my mane appeared more of an ashy gray, a reflection of the length of time that had passed since I had properly tidied my appearance.   

It was then, as I came into the overcast light, that I noticed a frolicking figure a short distance away. He looked to be a small colt, so busy splashing about in the waves that I was not sure if he had noticed me yet. I hadn't seen who the buckskin had been talking to earlier, but now that the thought crossed my mind it made sense that he would not be shouting to himself. I gestured with a motion of my head toward the playful youngster, inquiring politely, "Is he with you?"

"Talk."

and you run and you run to catch up with the sun,
but it's sinking.

image credits || coding credits

@Varuna
@Tristan

It's all good guys!
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
Things That Never Die - by Rixen - 07-31-2017, 10:07 PM
RE: Things That Never Die - by Varuna - 07-31-2017, 11:32 PM
RE: Things That Never Die - by Tristan - 08-01-2017, 02:08 AM