This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Things That Never Die
Open Ultima 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta

Rixen

I awoke with a start. It was midmorning, and the dewy mist swirled around me, biting at my hide in a playful manner, sending shivers down my spine. I found myself lying down in a cave. At first I was surprised by my location and seemed to have forgotten how I'd ended up there. My memory came flooding back to me - I had been wandering along a sandy beach, whose name was still unknown to me, so tired from my travels that I could think of nothing other than finding a place to rest. Soon I came across a curious cave carved out from the rocky cliffside, and figuring it to be the safest place in the immediate vicinity that I might be able to rest my weary limbs, decided to take refuge within. Upon entering I saw no other signs of life or danger, and before I could look around any further, my exhaustion consumed me.

I awoke feeling strange...empty almost, like I was floating. A gentle gray light filtered in from the mouth of the cave. My tenor reflected the grayness of the day, but like the weather, it was susceptible to change at any moment. I was not one to get caught up in one mood or another for too long. Due to my poorly lit surroundings, I suspected that the sun was not shining outside. Perhaps, I thought, it would emerge later. I sighed at the thought, knowing that it had been a while since I had enjoyed the warm feeling of the sun's rays caressing my skin. Sunshine always seemed to fill me with a feeling of hope.

Knowing that I should not get too comfortable, I rose to my hooves with a grunt. My curiosity beckoned me to explore the shoreline. My ears were pricked forward as I stepped slowly toward the cave's entrance. Although not a soul had been in sight yesterday, I wondered what, or who, I might find today... 

@Tristan
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
Things That Never Die - by Rixen - 07-31-2017, 10:07 PM
RE: Things That Never Die - by Varuna - 07-31-2017, 11:32 PM
RE: Things That Never Die - by Tristan - 08-01-2017, 02:08 AM
RE: Things That Never Die - by Rixen - 08-02-2017, 03:45 AM
RE: Things That Never Die - by Varuna - 08-08-2017, 09:37 PM