This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
just one
Trial Solanis 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
and if you are to love, love as the moon loves;

Kiada and I stood in terror as the beasts loomed before us and behind us. We were completely surrounded, caught smack dab in the middle of what could soon become a bloody brawl. Both were angry, snarling, and ready to attack. But the question loomed in the air which was so heavy with tension that a knife could slice right through it: would they aim their blows at one another, or at us? We weren’t outflanked, exactly, but instead equalled. Still, this was definitely more than we had bargained to take on, and I knew it would be difficult to keep my wits about me. I supposed we should have anticipated something like this happening, but it seemed safe to say that we were more focused on the gruesome aspects of eating a bear’s eye, and the difficulties that such a task might entail, than about any other troubles we might encounter along the way.

On the bright side, we’d found the beaked bear in no time at all. There was only one problem: now there was a harpax to deal with, too. It was like the Rift was testing us, placing one more obstacle between Kiada and the completion of her trial, just to see what might happen. I was just as curious, but also a little bit terrified. Hopefully there weren’t any more surprises awaiting us. Trying not to draw the bear or the harpax’s attention toward us, I managed to make subtle eye contact with Kiada, wondering if we were thinking along the same lines.

It was difficult to be sure without uttering a word, but I knew I could be certain enough when the gilded mare ever so slowly began to step to the side, out of their path, hoping that they were both too fixated on each other to turn on her. I watched her for another moment, antlered head following her movements slowly, as if to make sure that I was right about her intentions. There wasn’t much time to waste before either of the creatures attacked, however, so I didn’t wait much longer before following in the same motions. It was better if we didn’t try to fight both the harpax and the bear at one. Perhaps, with a little luck, we’d be ignored and could avoid a fight altogether. Placing one hoof after the other, I ever so carefully stepped out of harm’s way, emerald-hued eyes shifting back and forth from Kiada to the bear to the harpax, watching for any further actions from any of them. I breathed a small sigh of relief, albeit a temporary one, when I was at last standing somewhat close to Kiada. This wasn’t over yet, however, and the spotted mare seemed to know better, drawing her dagger and holding it between her teeth, prepared for things to turn ugly at any moment.  

For the harpax, our movements hadn’t gone unnoticed. As a matter of fact, they seemed to anger him more. His expression was angry, savage, teeth bared beneath his curled lip like a million tiny razors ready to slice through flesh and taste blood. His icy gaze was fixed on us, and I was frozen in place. But when he sprang, aiming to attack, a dark figure leapt in the way. It was the bear. There was a brief struggle, a flash of teeth and claws, before the bear became the harpax’s next victim, absorbing a number of devastating blows that were surely meant for us. But the bear proved to be a formidable opponent, one that I was glad we would not have to face. Blood seeped onto the ground from a deep gash torn in the harpax’s neck, staining the earth beneath his body a dark reddish-brown color as it collapsed. The bear lingered over his kill like a shadow. Would he come for us next? But as the bear turned in our direction, I could see that he’d sustained many injuries, and he collapsed to the ground after a few more steps.

When I was sure that he was too weak to pose any threat, I crept toward him, stretching my neck out so that I wouldn’t have to get too close. The bear’s flanks were still heaving, twitching, fighting for breath. "The bear’s not dead." Was all I could think to say, even though its circumstances were probably pretty obvious. The wounded animal was fighting for life, but the future was bleak. Kiada still needed to eat one of the bear’s eyes. It would be cruel not to kill him first, end his pain rather than add to it. Without saying another word, and taking a deep breath, I stepped forward, hoping the bear wouldn’t lash out. I aimed a swift blow of my front hoof squarely in the direction of his skull, intending to crack his skull, or in some way put him out of his misery.

"Talk."

it does not steal the night —
it only unveils the beauty of the dark

img

@Kiada
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
just one - by Kiada - 07-15-2018, 02:00 AM
RE: just one - by Rift Presence - 07-17-2018, 01:51 AM
RE: just one - by Rixen - 07-20-2018, 05:04 AM
RE: just one - by Kiada - 07-20-2018, 09:21 AM
RE: just one - by Rift Presence - 07-20-2018, 07:39 PM