This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Ouroboros
Open Solanis 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N
When at last I was near enough to distinguish his facial expression, it was painstakingly clear that the unknown stallion didn’t seem too happy to see me - and I couldn’t exactly blame him. Admittedly, I’d probably disrupted whatever he’d been doing, though I hadn’t caught a glimpse of what. Maybe it was simply his train of thought. Regardless, he did have a right to be bothered. I knew all too well how important a walk alone in the woods could be.

I stood patiently as he scanned me suspiciously, evaluating whether or not I was a threat. Hopefully he would realize that my intentions were pure, and it was not my plan to bring him any sort of harm. There wasn’t even a plan in place, exactly. Perhaps, since I was now here facing him, I could bring up the offer of a herd when the right moment rolled along. For now, though, I lay low, and would continue to do so until I was certain that such a suggestion would not offend him further. He hadn’t exactly taken well to my first question, offering only a curt response.

"Very well." Was the entirety of my response, with a small nod of my head, satisfied enough by his answer. There was no need to pry any deeper. There were more important things I wanted to know.

My unwavering gaze was like two beams of emerald-colored light beamed steadily back at him, watching his every movement, trying to learn all I could about the stranger simply through quiet observation. It seemed like a better choice than bombarding him with mundane questions. Both silver-tipped ears atop my head flicked back and forth, in a manner that was almost relaxed, listening to any and every sound that they could pick up. Other than the sounds of our movement and voices, it was dead silent. Almost eerily so, if one wasn’t used to it.

What did I want? Of course he’d want to know why I was here, bothering him. Yet I wasn’t quite sure myself, and it took me a moment of thought to find a suitable answer.

Then there was the sound of my baritone voice, rich in tone: "If I'm honest, reaching out's just what I do when I see a stranger passing by. It's become habit, I suppose. Most are glad to run into someone who knows their way around here and I'm happy to be of assistance in any way I can - not that you seem to need it." I acknowledged his air of independence aloud, gesturing with a small motion of my muzzle. It wasn't very often that I encountered someone who wasn't so eager to be encountered. But that wouldn't be enough to turn me away. "I'm Rixen, by the way." Without pressing, I waited to see if he would offer me his name in return.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits

@Virga this took waay too long :c
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
Ouroboros - by Virga - 07-13-2018, 08:00 PM
RE: Ouroboros - by Rixen - 07-19-2018, 09:15 PM
RE: Ouroboros - by Virga - 07-20-2018, 12:00 AM
RE: Ouroboros - by Rixen - 08-05-2018, 06:18 AM
RE: Ouroboros - by Virga - 08-17-2018, 05:00 PM