This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Whatever It Takes
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

As I emerged into the clearing, the filly and the mare turned to face me. Upon recognizing me, Eira seemed to perk up a little, beaming at me from where she held her ground beside the newcomer. I didn't bother to ask her precisely what they were doing here. At first, the stranger’s horn was lowered defensively, which I did not blame her for; I could have been a monster in search of his next kill, for all she knew. But my intentions were not to cause them harm, and the mare was quick to realize that I posed no threat to her nor to Eira. At this, she seemed to relax, drawing her head back up and offering a small nod, watching me closely as I addressed Eira.

It was not Eira who introduces the newcomer to me, however, but instead the purple-hued mare herself. Even if the mare was feeling them, she did not show any signs of fear nor haught, but instead gave me her name, Amarantha, with a mien of calmness. She seemed like a friendly character, perhaps knowledgeable in some area or another, someone who would be useful to the herd. The criteria was relatively loose.

"I suspected as much. All newcomers arrive here through the Portal." I smiled at Amarantha, an inviting look that would reassure her that my intentions were good. "If a home and a family is what you seek, I am happy to provide those to you. Our herd is small, albeit growing rapidly. We are always looking to add to our ranks. Do not fear, though, we ask for nothing in return aside from your loyalty and willingness to contribute to the greater whole." I paused, "Oh- I should not forget to introduce myself properly. I am Rixen, the Vine King, one of Halyven’s two herd leaders. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Briefly, I glanced around, verdant gaze flicking around the tall, limber trees. It was growing darker by the minute, the sky a deeper shade of blue-gray. The clouds were visible through the treetops, thick, dark splotches blocking out the last daylight. A shiver ran down my spine, not because of the present temperature, but rather at the thought of the fierce cold that was soon to come. "We’d best get going, before it’s too dark to travel. I’m sure you have many questions, which we are happy to answer. However, they will have to wait until we return to the city. As you will come to learn if you have not already, the Rift is a rather relentless place and it’s not safe to be wandering about after nightfall." I paused momentarily, waiting to see if either of them had anything to add or ask before I continued.

"Not to rush your sightseeing, but… it would be wise to take our leave. It’s this way." These words were spoken with a gesture straight ahead, made with a brief flick of my head, taking a few steps in that direction, before turning to look at the mares, making sure that they were intending to follow.

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Eira @Amarantha
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
Whatever It Takes - by Rixen - 07-13-2018, 05:11 AM
RE: Whatever It Takes - by Eira - 07-13-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: Whatever It Takes - by Amarantha - 07-13-2018, 11:38 PM
RE: Whatever It Takes - by Rixen - 07-14-2018, 12:34 AM
RE: Whatever It Takes - by Amarantha - 07-17-2018, 12:27 AM