This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Whatever It Takes
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

There was the crashing of the waves below. The whistling of the wind rising up from the water, up, up over the rocky cliffside. Occasionally, a bird would screech from above as it flew by, gliding easily on sleek, silver-feathered wings. Then there was the faint sound of voices. 

At first, I thought I might just be hearing things. I hadn’t seen anyone around on the trek to reach the oceanside, nor had I spotted anyone wandering along the same path I was now. The words, though I was unable to distinguish which they were or form them into coherent sentences, couldn’t have come from the rocks below. The drop was far, far below. One could probably fly down there if they really wanted to, but it seemed like a dangerous place, certainly not ideal spot for sightseeing or mulling about. I didn’t have wings, though, so I’d probably never make the trip to find out.

My antlered head swung around slowly, my emerald gaze scanning the foliage that lay on the side opposite the water. I didn’t see anyone, but it would be no surprise if the source of the voices was coming from somewhere nearby. The rainforest was a rather quiet place, eerily so, and that meant that any noise, even the snapping of a branch beneath one’s hoof, tended to travel around quickly and easily. 

So I veered away from the sandy edge, and began to make my way in what I guessed was the right direction. I’d soon find out. Both ears swiveled back and forth, listening intently for any more sound to grasp onto. Indeed there was: we need to find a place to shelter until light. Newcomers, perhaps?

Picking my way carefully through the tangled, fallen branches that obstructed my path, I veered slightly to the right. I was among the trees now, a little way into the forest, but not so far from the water that I couldn’t hear it, or smell the salty tang that still hung in the air. Everything around me was a mixture of faded greens and gray, the color of the sky, which was still visible between the leafy canopy. 

I could see two shapes between the trees. One familiar, the young filly, and one not so much - she was a vibrantly colored creature, decorated with bluish markings that glowed faintly. They were hard to miss against her muted backdrop. The rustling of leaves brushing against my flanks announced my presence as I stepped through a gap formed by two closely growing saplings. "Hello little one. It is getting a little late to be traveling out to the cliffside - the sun will be setting soon. I was just about to make my way back, and I hope you were intending to do the same." I smiled at Eira, then turned to look directly at the stranger, scanning her for a moment, from nose to silken tail. "And who might you be?"

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Amarantha @Eira
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
Whatever It Takes - by Rixen - 07-13-2018, 05:11 AM
RE: Whatever It Takes - by Eira - 07-13-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: Whatever It Takes - by Amarantha - 07-13-2018, 11:38 PM
RE: Whatever It Takes - by Rixen - 07-14-2018, 12:34 AM
RE: Whatever It Takes - by Amarantha - 07-17-2018, 12:27 AM