This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Whatever It Takes
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

I walked along the cliff's edge. Not too close - it was high up, and that meant that one wrong step could put you over, send you flying, falling through the air and crashing into whatever lay below. A morbid thought. There was the rhythmic sound of the waves slapping against the jagged rocks: slap, slap, slap. I certainly wouldn't want to be one of the waves. But the view was beautiful from up here, and I thought it worthwhile to take the risk of walking as close to it was possibly. I had sense, so not too close of course. I wasn't that daring. 

It was nice to trace my way along the cliff, keeping a perfect distance between myself and the drop. The entire ocean, stretching for miles, was visible from here. The water was dark blue, a reflection of the cold grey sky. This was not an unusual sight for the winter months. In some places of the Rift, this time of year meant that everything was shrouded in darkness and the sun did not come out. Fortunately, warmth still found its way to Halyven, where I lived, somehow, and we did not have to endure the Rift's most extreme natural elements.

Each sturdy hoof carried my lingeringly forward. Every now and then I would pause, to breathe, to soak in the view. The clouds were actually rather thin, and it allowed me to see a great distance across the ocean from where I stood. The wind came in gusts now and then, tossing my black and white-hued tresses to and fro. This I did not mind. On my mind, as usual, dwindled the thoughts of my herd. What needed to be accomplished next. Mundane things, like when we should begin to train the foals, what time was best to send out regular patrols, where we should organize various building materials, and so on and so forth. My focus would fade in and out, between important matters and wandering to the gently rolling sea. 

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Amarantha and anyone else who wants to join in! :D
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
Whatever It Takes - by Rixen - 07-13-2018, 05:11 AM
RE: Whatever It Takes - by Eira - 07-13-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: Whatever It Takes - by Amarantha - 07-13-2018, 11:38 PM
RE: Whatever It Takes - by Rixen - 07-14-2018, 12:34 AM
RE: Whatever It Takes - by Amarantha - 07-17-2018, 12:27 AM