This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
you look like yourself
Open Halyven  Korri's joining post!
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

"Of course." I nodded to Kiada, emerald gaze moving from her back to the newcomer, scanning him again. Then I added with a smile in his direction, "He is very welcome here." Roscorro would surely agree, and as the dragon-scaled stallion spoke, it became quite clear that he did. I was glad that we were in agreement on the matter. Truthfully, there had been little worry that we would disagree anyway, because we tended to see things eye to eye. And for that, I was genuinely grateful. 

"It is good to meet you, Korri. Worry not, most of us are not from this place, myself included, and I think you will find fitting in easy. Speaking of which, you must be exhausted." I said, offering the small stallion a broad smile. However, the corners of my lips quickly turned downward to form a frown as Korri spoke of his missing companion. I imagined that it must be horrible to lose a creature that he was tied so closely to, but having no companion of my own, I could not relate directly. All I knew of them was what I’d seen of Kiada and Khairi, for the gilded mare was one of the few horses I’d seen who had a companion. To my knowledge, most did not. "Unfortunately, no, I do not believe I have seen your bird. Although I will be on the lookout for her. Hopefully she will not be difficult to find, given her rather unique qualities." As the words left my maw, I imagined what the bird might look like, making a mental note to keep my eyes peeled for her. Knowing the Rift and just how vast it was, though, it was doubtful that I would see her around. Nevertheless, I promised Korri that if on the rare occasion I spotted Auga, he would be the first to know about it.

The pegasus stallion seemed peaceful and polite enough, and given time, I thought that he would be a valuable asset to our herd. He did not seem like he was here to make trouble. Naturally, I tended to seek out the best in everyone. Unless their actions warranted it, when I encountered a stranger, it was extremely rare for me to immediately consider them a foe. Everyone deserved a chance. And chance to Korri I would give. "As Roscorro has said, there is no need to repay us. I only ask that you make yourself as at home as possible. Perhaps take a look around, and consider staying for a while. If you have any skills that you believe would be beneficial to the herd, please do not hesitate to inform us of them. We need all the help around here that we can get, when you feel you are rested and ready to contribute." I glanced toward Roscorro, hoping that he was in agreement with my words. Hopefully they did not come across as too demanding of Korri, for they were not meant to intimidate him, but were instead my way of informing him that we needed herd members, and that what each horse brought into the herd was integral to its prosperity in one way or another. 

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Korri @Roscorro @Kiada
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
you look like yourself - by Kiada - 06-01-2018, 04:50 AM
RE: you look like yourself - by Korri - 06-01-2018, 03:30 PM
RE: you look like yourself - by Roscorro - 06-01-2018, 08:13 PM
RE: you look like yourself - by Rixen - 06-01-2018, 09:30 PM
RE: you look like yourself - by Kiada - 06-02-2018, 02:15 AM