This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
My only friend was the man in the moon.
Trial Rainforest Cliffs 
Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
Taivas
"Aye," the mare replies without much thought.

Her eyes squint and attempt to discern light in the darkness.  It is only when she turns to view Eira once more that Taivas notices how afraid the girl appears.  A small, warm smile finds its way on the shaman's lips, a forced expression attempting to soothe some of the fear in the young girls heart.  "It was in Solanis," Taivas offers up some details, thinking back to the incident.  Talking flowers and a mare with several faces - perhaps she was just hallucinating?  Likely not, though, as her ability to communicate with the spirits had not returned.

"I had been walking through Solanis when the flora began to taunt and heckle me, taking away my connection with the spirits until I fulfill their tasks," a sigh escapes her lips, briefly wondering if she truly had gone insane.  The sentence sounded better in her mind than released into the air for all to judge.  "Nothing is as it seems here in the Rift."

Her dark eyes drift back to the foilage, only to see a light reflecting off leaves in the distance, like a creature fleeing desperately.  Meanwhile, a flickering light, dim and dying, garners her attention due to its close proximity.

Carefully, Taivas nudges the leaves and branches from her path, only to reveal below the corpse of an unlucky beast.  A sharp intake of breath can be heard, but otherwise the shaman remains calm and collected.  Looking at the poor creature below her, sorrow fills her heart.  Tears in the neck of the Asulli reveal that Taivas has found her quarry, though not before it had been massacred by someone else with less wholesome intent.

Leaning down toward the lifeless face of the dame, Taivas gently rests her muzzle on its cold cheek.  "May your spirit rest well," she whispers to a deaf ear.  Carefully, the shaman tugs on one of the feathers.  The plumage easily slides from the torn and battered flesh, though it still makes Taivas feel nauseous.  At this time, she wished she held her brother's gift for starfire, which would allow her to prevent this poor soul's corpse from being battered and torn more.

Besides, in her home, starfire released the spirit to the ethereal heavens instead of tying it back to the earth, allowing one to finally know peace.  All she could do now was mourn the loss of one she never knew.""
moon dust in your lungs
stars in your eyes
you are a child of the cosmos,
a ruler of the skies

@Eira

Messages In This Thread
RE: My only friend was the man in the moon. - by Taivas - 07-22-2018, 06:12 PM