This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
paint roses red
RP Wanted The Portal 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

As it turned out, Roscorro was not too far behind me. For some reason or another, he was also brought back to the portal on this particular day, although no question as to what his intentions were escaped my lips. Whatever they were, it was easy to assume that they were good ones. I was surprised at myself that I hadn’t noticed him sooner, for the massive stallion was impossible to miss, even in the darkest settings. Upon becoming aware of his presence, I was glad to see my friend was here, for I enjoyed his company immensely. We settled into a comfortable silence as we wove among the trees, each busied with our own thoughts, for there were many things to think about since the formation of the new herd. 

When I spotted the stranger and stepped forward to greet her, Roscorro did the same, expressing as much interest in meeting her as myself. He hung back a few steps behind me, though, presumably because he did not want to scare her. Roscorro was quite possibly the most cordial creature I’d met thus far in the Rift, but this quality was difficult to imagine upon first setting eyes on his gleaming fangs, sharp claws, and spike-covered spine. This was what came to mind as I awaited the stranger’s response, hoping that the mare had determined that we were of no threat. 

My expression was of one being forced to endure an unpleasant odor. This was accompanied by a gaze that was unwavering, while at the same time being soft enough to convey the amiableness that followed me wherever I went. Those green eyes, contrasting sharply with my pale, ghost-like face that was dabbled with dark, inky pigments, ceased to travel up to the tips of her wings or down to her hooves, instead settling gently upon the mare as if really focusing on something a couple of feet further away. Perhaps it was my introspective nature that lead me to be locked in thought as I absorbed the encounter, but it was hard to know. 

She did not answer my question directly, but nevertheless her words confirmed my suspicion, at least in part. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Zenobia. I am Rixen, and this is Roscorro." I stated calmly, features warm and reassuring. Tossing my head in his direction, I gestured to Roscorro after introducing him. The dragon-stallion still stood a short distance behind me, his furry and scaly frame still largely hidden in shadow. It was probably the reason that the mare had not seemed surprised by his appearance. Encountering an imposing creature such as himself was most likely not a daily occurence. My emerald gaze flickered from Roscorro back to Zenobia, examining the dun mare a little more thoroughly now that I was standing close enough to make out her features. When I was satisfied with my assessment and felt certain that she was no threat to us, I cleared my throat to speak again. "It’s easy to lose your way if you are unfamiliar with the Rift's ins and outs. I’ve been here quite a while, and even I still manage to take the wrong turn from time to time." A chuckle escaped my lips, warm reverberations echoing through the dark trees. "If you don’t mind my asking, where is it that you are headed As Roscorro mentioned, we might be able to point you in the right direction."

I fell silent, thinking it best to learn a little more about the mare and what she was doing in the Rift before inviting her to come back with us. Was that the proper thing to do - invite her back to Halyven, where we now made our home? Should it turn out she was headed someplace in particular, I did not want to distract the girl from whatever task might be at hoof. I wondered if Roscorro's thinking was along the same lines as my own, but had no way to ask the stallion what he thought would be best. Considering this newcomer did not appear to be a danger to our small band, I supposed it could go either way, and that there would be no real harm in offering her a brief description of our home should she express any interest in it. 

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Zenobia @Roscorro <3
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
paint roses red - by Zenobia - 04-21-2018, 08:17 PM
RE: paint roses red - by Rixen - 04-21-2018, 09:12 PM
RE: paint roses red - by Roscorro - 04-21-2018, 09:29 PM
RE: paint roses red - by Zenobia - 04-21-2018, 10:43 PM
RE: paint roses red - by Rixen - 04-22-2018, 12:29 AM