This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
On My Way
Open Mangrove Tidepools 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
the sun inside of her rages like wildfire
Perhaps it was the wrong question to ask. For as he began to speak of not understanding how he got here, she watched the water as it seemed to still, as her own thoughts were dragged back toward that unforgiving time of Helovia, where Kaos reigned supreme, killing gods and darkness swallowing her whole. It wasn’t something she she particularly wanted to talk about, so she wasn’t sure why she expected anyone else to answer it as well. She breathed quietly as she nodded to him gently. “I see.” She admitted, her gaze dropping to the tidepool nearest to her as her mind drifted elsewhere.

It had been Autumn in Helovia, where her newest home in the World’s Edge was encased with a thick fog. She had just reunited with her twin, offering to take him to Kisamoa to see if he would be proud of the second in command she returned to him. But plans looked elsewhere. Instead, the conglomerate God had called them all forward, a rage unlike any that Kiada had seen there and before. She bore the pendant of being one of Kisamoa’s chosen warriors, and so she blindly followed the call. So many others had as well, faces she recognized and those she didn’t. She lost track of her beloved brother, her mother and her siblings, as she watched the world unfold before her.

Kisamoa roared in the distance, telling them not to fight him. She would obey, she followed this strange god despite the glowering comments of the others. He demanded them to go through the portal, but she had arrived late – after the destruction began. Others began to disobey, rebelling against this new god that tried to usher them to this hell. And in hindsight, Kiada wondered if it was worth it, to die rather than come here. But they thought it had been, as they stormed the powerful god. She watched, as the Helovian gods reached their own deaths at his hands, at the Helovian’s that cowered in uncertainty of whether or not to fall into that inky pit of darkness to a world that they knew only existed in tales.

But it was when her first love, a boy she had met when she was still nearly a babe fresh out of the womb, defied Kisamoa that she froze from her attempts at reaching the portal. She could still see as he triumphantly poised himself to attack the young god, watching still as ice as Kisamoa simply destroyed him. Sorrow loomed in her gut at the memory, following as her best friend moved up next, unable to survive a life without Ru’in – her own twin, and suffered the same fate. Despite Kiada’s thoughts on the matter, they welcomed death with open arms rather than come here. And she had simply let the front door open to this god.

He had made it up to her, somewhat, after she crashed through the portal and her Kaos pendent exploded, leaving that forever oozing teal X marking in her chest. And she had nearly killed herself to save him. She pushed a small breath through her nose, glancing sidelong toward Rixen as bitterness filled her veins for a brief moment and disappeared with the calm of the water – like a tide moving out. “I came through a portal too.” She offered him quietly, her voice a small amount more flat sounding. “It was a nasty thing.” Kiada did her best to seem humorous, but there was a darkness flashing behind those icy eyes, reopened upon the memory of her crashing into the Rift.

But then she did her best to try and think up something else to talk about, rather than the darkness surrounding their 'kidnapping' into the Rift. So she turned to him, offering him a small gentle smile. "So, Rixen, what's your favorite place in the Rift so far? Out of everything you've explored?" Her ears perked toward him, her smile remaining though fading somewhat on the edges.

"Talk."
and she is —
gold, gold, gold.
Kiada
image | coding

@Rixen <3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)

Messages In This Thread
On My Way - by Rixen - 12-26-2017, 10:24 PM