This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
On My Way
Open Mangrove Tidepools 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
the sun inside of her rages like wildfire
The small smile that had grown on her lips, faded somewhat when he confirmed that he was not from the Rift either. She had yet to officially meet a creature that had dwelled here before their return, and she wondered if it was possible that they took the escape route when they tumbled in. Provided there was one, that is. Nevertheless, Kiada nodded to her all the same, watching quietly as he lifted his head to survey Khairi as he continued his circles in the sky. But before her eyes could shoot upward toward the bird as well, he offered her his name with a bob of his head. “Rixen.” She thought, keeping the name to the face the best she could.

The pleasure is mine.” She offered him gently awhile Khairi’s hauntingly dark screech answered in his own retort, a thanks for being met as well as acknowledged before the bird tilted toward the tidepools with his claws outstretched. Kiada offered Rixen another smile as he seemed to try and shake his forelock from his face, tangling it up in his mane before giving up. Part of her wanted to see if he’d let her help him, to remove the stray strands, but there was a more instinctive part of her that decided she’d best leave him be – at least until she knew him better.

But then his head angled toward the small pools of water, explaining that he was looking at the plants in them and how it looked as though they were looking into different worlds. She caught the smile he shot her way, and began to open her mouth before he continued, asking if she knew what they were. Quietly, she stepped a bit closer to him, alongside him with a polite amount of distance between them, but still enough to be able to touch him should she step a couple feet to her side. Her inky head lowered toward the pool to observe the fluorescent plant before she lifted her head and shook it slowly. “Unfortunately, I don’t.” She offered him, her icy eyes remaining on the plant. “There’s still a great many things I have yet to learn about this place.” Her eyes then slid over to him, offering him a small apologetic smile.

I wonder if this land floods during the rainy months, and how it effects the life of the plants and animals that live here.” She pondered aloud, looking toward a different tidepool with different plants hidden beneath the glassy surface. “I surely wouldn’t want to be caught up here.” A breathy laugh left her lips. “I’ve only been here once before, after I stepped into the Scint River. I was too… Exhausted to really look at this place and see how it works.” She offered quietly, lifting her head back up and glancing over to him.

"Talk."
and she is —
gold, gold, gold.
Kiada
image | coding

@Rixen <3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)

Messages In This Thread
On My Way - by Rixen - 12-26-2017, 10:24 PM