This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
» A New Frontier
Open Green Labyrinth 
Kisamoa
Currently championing:
normal for the SPIDER
KAOS for the fly
Slowly, a great mouth formed from the shadows and mists; it’s jaws were filled with oh-so familiar mismatched, shifting teeth. For a few moments, only his massive and darkly ephemeral jaws hung in the Green Labyrinth’s vicious mists, this region’s broken heart. Then, these jaws were joined by to giant, luminous, teal and black eyes.

Again, anything touched by his Kaotic power burned and pulled towards his divine appearance.

“Well done, well done,” Kisamoa’s booming voice sent wisps of smoky mist billowing around, “Look! Your efforts have rescued this part of my Rift from death.” A chuckle, more smoke—and was that a distant wailing?

“It’s been so long,” the god murmured, nearly to himself, his teal eyes turning downwards as a long tendril of dark mist seemed to lovingly brush along the thick, black grass.

But then, his gaze snapped up. There was a new, wild intensity shining from those neon teal, floating globes. “My mists—explore them,” was his sharp, feral command to those foreigners,Teach them,” was his demand of the natives.

Then, he lingered, watching with a ferocious gaze and jagged, morphing teeth.

Great job, everyone! It appears like your explorations have pushed back some of the shadows from the Rift (and maybe even impressed Kisamoa...but I wouldn't hold your breath). I wonder what you'll find in this part of the Rift.
As always, this Western Mists Guide may be helpful ;D
.. and kaos opened up its eyes
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

another mind, another soul, another body to grow old.
it's not complicated.

Kaos had told them to explore and learn...and in her comatose dream Isopia had told the girl to do the same. If anything Otem had grown fonder of Kisamoa, especially after the gift he had given her; the leaves in her mane were a useless, but pretty adornment that she wore with pride. Her grief and anger were still slow-burning coals in her gut and had not been forgotten, but instead of Kaos, their targets were the Helovian Gods: her grandfather and his kin. If they had left this world alone, none of this would have happened.

And so as teeth formed out of the haze, Otem moved towards them rather than away, intrigued to know what it was Kaos had to say to them this time. As he spoke, Otem wondered what it was they could have possibly done to save these lands. Had it been done intentionally? If Kaos was more specific about what actions needed to be taken, would there be a revolution and revolt to stop anyone from further completing them? As a child of the earth (well, grandchild, literally), despite any of her political or religious views, Otem couldn't help but be drawn towards helping to cultivate and revive the lands around them.

Anxiously Otem looked around, wondering if any would try to yell or challenge the ever mutating form of Kaos as they had done last time. For her part, Otem tried to melt into the background, though she kept her gaze pointed fixedly upon Kaos and the floating orbs.

"Okay. We will."  Otem whispered to herself, eyes locked upon Kaos.

art by Chloe!

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.
Castiella
Currently championing:
CASTIELLA
I’m nuts, baby, I’m mad, The craziest friend that you’ve ever HAD
You think I’m psycho, you think I’m GONE

Cas was always our looking for something to get int.. She giggled, no she was not looking for trouble. Not HER... She was looking for FUN. It was something that always took the girl to some place new. Akriel was so weary of this Kaos guy, but he was not that bad. HE was pretty damn great in her mind. OTHER than the fact he gave her this fucking flowers. Her dual ears pinned stomping a few of the damn things into the ground. Giggling she started to venture further than she ever has. Her tri toned hooves skipped as she hummed and giggled to herself. Wild blood splattered eyes widened as she started to see something new. "Holy fuck balls! " She giggled skipping into the mist filled the world. She swirled around, and her rose gold chain was her dance partner. Long locks of creamy milk floated behind her as she giggled and danced in childish ways. Her sparkling bodice floated over the blackened grass. Then the booming voice made her features twist into a grand smile. KAOS....

The fallen angel floated with bright giggles and NO GLOWING EYES! Oh, this place was fucking great! She will stay in the Rift forever! Finally, one of the first to arrive. There was another girl there. she might have been her own age. Castiella smiled at the girl with a childish like smile. Yes, good job! That is how you make a friend. Be good and ALWAYS smile... Until you are behind closed doors..."We should adventure together!" Her tone could have been toxic, deadly, but it wasn't. She tried her best to ACT friendly. To ACT like she was not totally CRAZY. She walked past the girl looking behind her rose gold body with a smile. Hooves took her to stand right in front of Kaos. The features of her face twisted into a deviant child-like smile. Her masked skull tilted to the side. She was never really able to look at the GOD. He was amazing! He was more than she ever imagined. Giggling quietly, she looked around seeing if Akriel would follow her to the front. "It is truly amazing! Thank you, Kaos! I will explore your lands, and learn all that I can. " Her banded muzzle, the mocking of the holy trinity stood out against the pure face. Teal eyes glowed with the colored orbs floating around her. For one second she forgot about the fucking flowers, the damn garden that she was growing EVERYWHERE. Cas was quick to follow the God where ever he may lead her. Crimson wings clutched her sides as she looked to the other faces. She wondered what they would say, what they would think.

"talk talk talk"

@Akriel always tagging her boo <3

@Otem

table code by tamme
Violence may be used at any time, but Castiella is volatile 
THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING
 {Image: UbaggXG.png}
Azarel
Currently championing:

Couldn't bloody trust a single step I took. One moment I'm walking in pouring rain away from the ever so shy Anai to suddenly stepping into black mists without a single drop falling onto me. "What the flying fucksquad is this universe about.." I mumbled, constantly watching with a lone eye. Just as I spoke those words, a voice was heard, like an echo.

"My mists—explore them. Teach them."

You what? Staring into the dark, the neon orbs floating in mid-air would've scared the shit out of me if I hadn't expected something.. so odd. After the life I've lived, close to nothing surprised me anymore. The scent of fillies, potientially valuable once grown up if raised correctly, distracted me from the hovering pair of eyes. The hot blood in my veins began to rush at the mere perfume females naturally carried, but even I knew when it was appropriate and inappropriate to ensue the interest of females. The latter very much included fillies.

As I yelled at myself mentally, I saw two pairs of wings out of the corner of my crimson eye - the girls. One wore a coat of earthy tones - reminded me of the old Earth God from my childhood home - and the other sparked with whites and reds. She seemed so excited, but for what? Clearly the teal eyes and.. floating mouth just instructed them to explore even more.

"Shouldn't you be with your dams, younglings?" The words rumbled from my golden maw, deep tones vibrating in the mists surrounding us. If I had been their father, they would have been rushed home on the spot. But the mothers carried more responsibility, keeping their children in place. Of course, not everyone agreed with my ideas of raising offspring, yet I had never been disagreed with on the concept.

Glaring at the disembodied head, a snort snuck out and I turned my feather-adorned head towards the girls. "Who's the Voice?"

"Laughing at you until I cry."
ooc // :'D
wordcount // 324
tags // Otem

coding by Ina || art by no-per
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

another mind, another soul, another body to grow old.
it's not complicated.

{lmfao sorry couldn\'t help replying.}

Someone was talking to her.

That someone was doused in just about every shade of pink Otem had ever seen. The sunlight and soil dappled girl had tried to blend into the background, so the fact that someone had just brushed by her and started talking was remarkable in itself. But the cotton-candy smile on the girl's face was just as nearly surprising. "Yeah, for sure." Otem answered without missing a beat, an incredibly realistic fake smile present on her russet lips. Slightly awestruck, Otem watched as the filly moved towards Kaos, beaming at him and vowing to do all of the things that he had said. Tensing slightly Otem waited and watched to see if the girl was going to come back and demand that they set off for adventuring right that second. Could she perhaps slip away? Would her twin arrive and save her? Glancing around, Otem contemplated saying that Pandora was ill and needed to rest or something.

Before she could say any more, an older unicorn appeared by them. Otem would likely have kept her calm and unbothered facade in place had he not mentioned the fact that their mothers weren't present.

"Mine died. She sacrificed herself so that everyone could make it through the portal safely. But thanks so much for asking." Otem boasted, ears back, head held high to display a confidence that she didn't feel. Anger bubbled inside her chest at the mere thought of her mother. Who was this idiot to ask where her mother was. Her mother was Isopia; didn't everyone know that? But then the man was asking who the voice was. Otem snorted her annoyance, burgundy and gold eyes narrowing as she looked at him. "Oh I don't know." She snapped flippantly, "Maybe he's the wonderful wizard of Oz. Maybe he's father christmas, or just maybe he's the amalgamation of the Gods that our old Gods tried to destroy, who has now sucked us all back to the Rift to try and repair it." The girl's eyes were large,  her face challenging with youthful piss and vinegar.

art by Chloe!

@Azarel @Castiella

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.
Tilney
Currently championing:

SO MUCH BRAVER THAN OUR PRESENT LIFE
A GOLDEN FACTORY OF LIGHT

Kisamoa's Kaos's voice had leaked through the shoots of a once familiar place, drawing him warily to the relic of what once was. Tilney wished to face Kaos someday, to learn exactly everything there might be to know about such a malignant, scheming creature and if there was any way to halt his machinations. Not yet, and not today though. Still Maude was alone and afraid and tilney was not the kind to set out on further quests when something so vital remained pulling at his strings. Desperation, grief, hope; they all puppeteered him across the land.

Though it would seem Tilney was approaching more than just the jaws of Kaos, and as he pressed on through the familiar labrinth of leaf and root he found himself smirking at both a kindred voice recently made known to him and others that were not. A daughter of the mountain seemed wise and old even in her salad days, and came armed with just the words to set anyone straight. Though, Tilney dare not approach - not until the granddaughter of earth had finished her biting scold toward a gilded man he did not recognise. A native? A Helovian? There were ar too many who were strangers now, including the other girl present of peach coloured fur and errily familiar marks. If Tilney knew that this was the daughter of Raeden and Calstron perhaps he'd even tell Otem to back away slowly, but then again; not all pups resembled the bitch.

Effortlessly and with all the grace of an elf Tilney slunk his way to Otem's side. He did not know that it was Isopia to give her life for them, and it was those words that wounded even Tilney with guilt. They were words that he soon came to bottle for later, eyes of the greenest grass slinking over the man who cursed and implied they ought to be cuddled against their dams. This was a stag who's eyes were wild, though still he could see in him a fellow survivor. Still, he felt an overwhelming urge to side with the oak-marked girl once again.
"Daughter of the Mountain" Tilney came to boom, bowing his head low in a way that would prompt all others to respect the one he bowed to, or at least question disrespecting her. "Kaos grows bolder" he then came to report after he straightened up, crooning his lantern light over the peach-coloured doe whom to be quite honest, freaked him out - she was just that eerily familiar.

AND YOU'LL LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO CATCH ITS BEAMS

speaks directly to @Otem , and mentions @Castiella and @Azarel !
ps. please let me know yes or no if I have your permission for tilney to potentially use his mind reading magic on your character in this thread!
pps. table is a scrolly one ;)
Castiella
Currently championing:
CASTIELLA
I’m nuts, baby, I’m mad, The craziest friend that you’ve ever HAD
You think I’m psycho, you think I’m GONE

Castiella smiled. She did not do anything else as the girl spoke. Her head was screaming at her. This girl was so bad at hiding her emotions, her facial expressions. Blood splattered eyes sparkled as she giggled. She acted like she did not hear the tone of the girl's voice. She acted like she did not see the fake smile. She acted oblivious to everything. "Great, I we will catch up later...." Her voice trailed off as she walked away. Her sugar sweet smile turned deviant and malevolent after she turned her sparkling hide away fro m the girl. Teal eyes rolled, and she skipped forward towards Kaos. Why was being nice so difficult? Cas preferred not to act pleasant, but she was around too many people. EVERYONE did not have to know her true colors. It did not take long for someone to say something about her being alone. Her dual colored ears pinned to her flowing mane. Her pupils narrowed causing her blood splattered eyes to fill with the crimson color. The sparks on her back started to arc and jumped on her back with aggravation. The features on her masked face twisted into a fake smile as she turned around and walked back to where the bay girl was.

Her tri colored hooves came to a halt in front of the ignorant man. Her sweet smile still twisted upon her features in a Cheshire like manner. The sparks on her body rained down her sides with dangerous sounding static. LUCKY for this asshole these sparks were harmless. She listened to the other girl speak first. She did not DARE to interrupt, that would be RUDE. So she awaited her turn as another antlered man appeared to the bay girls side. He spoke to the girl as if he knew her. Castiella did not know the golden elf. She simply smiled and dipped her head. She must ACT like she is not totally crazy. She could feel her heart flutter as her crimson filled eyes looked to the black flowers growing in the ground below her. FUCK... This damn wound just LOVES to ruin her day! Taking a deep breath, her masked skull looked back to the ignorant unicorn man. "Maybe you should not assume that every child has a mother. That is terribly rude. My mother will find me if she needs me. I do not need her protection. It is called being independent and self-sufficient. " Well, who was she to be calling people rude? She giggled slightly as the bay mare answered the man's next question.

The Cheshire smile still twisted across her features. Does this man not know who they are? He was just ignorant to the fucking WORLD. He did not know that this god in front of them was Kaos. She almost busted out laughing, but she remained quiet until her toxic words hit the air. "Maybe he is your ignorance manifesting into a physical form. " Her sparking shoulders rolled as her banded skull looked to the antlered man. He did not say much to her, he only spoke to the bay mare. Cas was fine with that. It just means that she did not have to filter out more words to people. Filtering her expressions, tone, and words were so difficult for the girl to do. Sometimes she was successful other times... not so much.

"talk talk talk"

@Otem @Tilney @Azarel

OOC:: I would rather Castiella's thoughts stay to her self right now :) maybe in another thread ! I am not ready for people to actually know that she is insane. ;)

table code by tamme
Violence may be used at any time, but Castiella is volatile 
THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING
 {Image: UbaggXG.png}
Erebos
Currently championing:
Take just what I came for

The entangling mists, the shrouds of vines, the chaotic, endless embrace of paths that led onto eternity, onto condemnation, onto nothingness, were eerily familiar, cast-offs from another time, another place. The other habitual lance was Kaos’ presence, eldritch and otherworldly, combing through his earthen lair, praising them for their explorations. Erebos wanted to do naught more than spit out his vitriol, his rage, his abhorrence into the dark, watch it slice off a bramble, a thorn, a figment of the deity’s shell, but he knew better, understood all too well the value of patience, the fermenting of time. Vengeance required patience, revenge required tact, and justice required more than just him now – but all the lives affected by the brutality, by the one-sided war, by the crusade that led to slaughter and oblivion. His eyes searched the crowd for familiar beings, others he might be able to coax, to entice, into unraveling the hellion before them – to share their knowledge of the newfound lands, to piece together a way to lacerate the enemy. He didn’t recognize any; but that could mean very little. After a while, all their souls, all their figures, all their lives might intermingle, clash, bite, and flail – because he had very little hope that Kaos would prove to be anything but disaster and ruin, and had every intention of pushing all that immorality, all that barbarity, all that savagery back upon him.

So he and Orsino maneuvered closer, like mere slivers of the crowd, fragments concealing daggers, rapiers, and knives, just awaiting those few, precious opportunities to strike. He didn’t draw attention to himself, didn’t cast his voice into the masses, didn’t float to the forefront to try and pluck the being’s eyes out – but brooded and brewed in a wealth of composure, forbearance, and restraint, as if he’d been chiseled and sculpted for the foreboding bloodshed all his life.

image credits
Amaris
Currently championing:
The dragonmare had become something of an observer of the world, a passive force who danced along the outskirts, who watched the world burn from afar, who stood close enough to know what went on but far enough away so as to not be responsible for any damage that was wrought.

She did care, somewhere deep down inside. And in those moments when her emotions came back to her, she was almost overwhelmed by the crushing guilt, the deep concern and passion for those she cared about.

But then the emotions would pass, and the numbness would return, and she would sit back and continue to watch as the world shifted and changed under the strange neon lights of Kisamoa's power.

The lands were familiar to her - she was mildly surprised to realise that she recognised them, or at least the general feel of them. The Labyrinth, she wondered, unsure of the implications, unsure of what this meant in the grand scheme of things in this world.

Kisamoa gave them instructions, as he was wont to do, and Amaris heard them, and heard others respond. Childish bickering then rose up, but she wasn't a part of that, even though she recognised several of the participants of the conversation.

No, she instead was drawn to the dark hide of @Erebos, and wandered thusly towards him, curious if he would recognise this land as the one where they had met when it had been a part of Helovia, before it has been pulled (back?) into this realm, and changed, transformed into this wild, dark land of unknown expectations and new possibilities.

Amaris stood near him, not completely beside him, but closer than she stood to anyone else, watching, waiting, wondering what would become of them all in this new realm of neon lights and unknown plights.

x x
Azarel
Currently championing:

Well then, it seems like I hit a sensitive spot in the hearts of the femmes asking about their dams. The earthy child spoke of sacrificing for other's safety, nearly making me snort. A wave of empathy however rushed through my flaming veins, remembering my own dam sacrificing her sanity to protect her youngest childe from monsters in a place similar to this one.

An antlered gentleman joined the company, siding himself with the hybrid and bowing at her, making me snap out of the memories I had been forced to carry. He called her Daughter of the Mountain, telling me absolute shit nada. Younglings shouldn't expect everyone to know them, once they ran a Kingdom and actually had messengers delivering their name across lands -- that's when they may get cocky.

Suddenly the peach babe caught air, babbling about being independent. It made me smirk synchronously as my aures tapped my feathered poll, considering I knew foals can't be independent. If they tried, it would only end in tragedy.

The Mountain Daughter started hissing again, about the voice being Father Christmas, and I actually snorted with the smirk glued on my maw. Although the latter part of her little speech wiped it right off. "...he's the amalgamation of the Gods that our old Gods tried to destroy, who has now sucked us all back to the Rift to try and repair it." I raised my brow at her, flicking my tail slightly to display a sense of annoyance. I glared at the crimson winged doe comparing the beast ahead to my ignorance.

What Gods?

Her being akin with the Earth God I had once known rattled something deep in my chest and pinned down my ego for a moment. Raising my head high, golden beads thumped against my scarred neck and feathers -- now more dry, thankfully -- tickled the skin as they shifted. "Where are you all from, Daughter of the Mountain? I do not recognize you nor your company, as I am but a simple monarch of Aestralyn's prideful Arazar. The shadows pulled me in during a brief visit to one of my beaches, causing me to be quite bitter as my Kingdom has been left in my -- too young -- daughter's care."
The sharpness that had once covered my words in toxicity was gone, replaced by the unfazed vibrations of a King. It did not slip though, the fact that they acted this way to me made it apparent that they had no clue who I was, feeding the irritation in the back of my head further.

Out of the corner of the red gem in my eye socket, I saw a black crowned one and a dragonmare coated in gold. They did not join in on the conversation, but something felt eerily familiar about them. The golden scales of the mare, her wings.. Perhaps only my imagination.

"Laughing at you until I cry."
ooc // Aza recognizing Amaris because of Mirage~ but yeah. I rewrote this post completely because I lost the first draft 8 hours ago #needsnewcomputer #thisoneisold
oh and yes, mind reading is allowed!
wordcount // 478
tags // @Otem

coding by Ina || art by no-per