This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I will be found
Open Riptide Isles 
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

At the mention of the Metus, Otem comically shook her head and made a show of widening her eyes in faux horror. To be fair, the Metus was a predator like any other, and so the fact that he had attacked her wasn't really that surprising or blameworthy. Still, his eyeless face often haunted her dreams, despite the fact that their last meeting wasn't all that bad. A little funny actually, given that he'd eaten the ball of hope. "Even if that's the case, I don't think I'd bond to one anytime soon." Otem chuckled.

As Kiada mentioned that her mother had been born into Halyven, Otem took a genuine breath in, holding it for a moment as her mind puzzled out this new information. She'd never met Rexanna, but she definitely knew of her. Though the mare had one of the oddest coat and marking combinations that she'd ever seen, it wasn't so other wordly that Otem would have ever guessed it belonged to this place. "That's..." Otem finally exhaled, but still couldn't find the words. "Wow. I had no idea. "

But if Otem thought Rex being from Halyven was a shock, she was in for an even bigger surprise.

I have ties with Kisamoa…

Jealousy flashed through Otem, and immediately the mulch mare had to remind herself that just because the god had ties with someone else, that did not mean he didn't have ties with her. Still, Otem had already lost almost everything that had made her once unique and so she was equipped to deal with the feelings that Kiada's words stirred up. Biting her lip and forcing herself to listen, she leaned forward, her attention rapt. The jealousy was followed by a flash of embarrassment as Kiada mentioned following Kis into the river. During that period Otem had been left tearful and in shock on the bank, watching as a ghostly version of her mother appeared to say her final goodbyes. Otem had done nothing useful, save for adding her tears to the Scint, unlike Kiada who had apparently fallen into some other dimension entirely.

"I remember some of those items ... My mother had one, a sword I think...I wonder if those gods would want anything to do with us, after all thats happened. We took their land, killed them - or at least thought that we did - and now here we are again invading their worlds." Otem's shoulders rose and then slumped back to her body. "If nothing else, I'd like to know what Kisamoa thinks..Maybe we wouldn't even need a god, just the blessing of the Rift." Hearing herself say those words outloud, Otem immediately clenched her teeth together as a sheepish look came over her face. Though now that she had said them, she decided it was best to elucidate a tad. "I mean .. I just think sometimes that the Rift is sentient, you know? It grants things and asks things of us .. that's a sort of sentient right? And we don't say of things without minds that they are sick. Rocks and hurricanes can't be sick, and because the Rift is sick .. I just .. I dunno." Again her shoulders rose and fell.

Maybe the Rift was just a collection of matter and she was crazy for thinking it had a mind, and that perhaps that mind cared about her at all.

otem

I'm a cold day in august, I'm a stream too shallow.
I'm a heart-shaped box with no letter inside.
Image Credits

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.

Messages In This Thread
I will be found - by Otem - 01-29-2018, 07:32 PM
RE: I will be found - by Kiada - 01-29-2018, 07:45 PM
RE: I will be found - by Otem - 01-29-2018, 07:52 PM
RE: I will be found - by Kiada - 01-29-2018, 08:08 PM
RE: I will be found - by Otem - 01-29-2018, 08:29 PM
RE: I will be found - by Kiada - 01-29-2018, 08:54 PM
RE: I will be found - by Otem - 01-29-2018, 09:12 PM
RE: I will be found - by Kiada - 01-29-2018, 09:32 PM
RE: I will be found - by Otem - 01-29-2018, 09:43 PM
RE: I will be found - by Kiada - 01-29-2018, 09:58 PM
RE: I will be found - by Otem - 01-29-2018, 10:26 PM