This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Burn Card
RP Wanted The Portal 
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
there are no markings on her country roads
no signs that show the way back home

Otem is glad that she doesn't interrupt her interlocutor. The question, "So you weren't born here?" rises to her lips but she holds her tongue and teeth closed and lets him continue. As he does, she is able to deduce the answer to her question. The natives do not seem particularly helpful or welcoming.... The natives. Surely it would be odd to refer to them as natives and to critisize them in that manner, if he was one of them? "I was attacked by one seemingly without reason." She mumbles, looking down at her shoulder. What might have been a scar is now nothing more than slightly darker flesh: her body is still nubile enough to do a rather tidy job of healing itself. "Later I found out his magic was activated by blood." Grimacing slightly, Otem pushes the memory of Tamlin into the back of her mind.

Having been too young to experience any of the invasions and wars in Helovia that she had learned about, Otem's lack of first hand experience makes her numb to the ramifications of having herds. For the girl, having distinct lands meant stability, family, and purpose. Most of all however, it eased her anxiety. For better or worse, you could at least count on a herd, even if what you were counting on was war. Herds offered expectations.

As he suggests that she should start a herd, the earth coloured girl's lips pulled back in a smile and she laughed hesitantly, waiting for Raein to join in. He did not though, and the sound was cut off in her throat.

"Me? But I"m too young..?" Her voice rises marginally at the end, hinting that perhaps it's a question - and if it was, perhaps the answer would be no. Sparks of imagination exploded in her mind, creating images of bossing others about, wearing a crown, and standing near a waterfall. That's what being a ruler of a herd was, wasn't it?

The bubble snapped as Otem's necklace decided once again to grace them with its thoughts. "And stupid." It chided, sounding as though it was trying to keep from laughing. Otem's face fell flatly in embarrassment. She reached out with a wing and tried to tuck the charm into the folds of her mane to try and shut it up.

"Before Kisamoa said he needed our help to heal these lands ... but he didn't really say what to do. I'm sick of just wandering around, maybe bumping into someone who will try to kill me, or stumbling upon monsters. I want ... I want there to be somewhere I can go for help, or company or just ... you know, to be." But then again maybe he didn't know. Raein had said that he had quite a bit of experience being alone, which Otem interpreted as his preference, rather than a choice forced upon him.

Image credits

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.

Messages In This Thread
Burn Card - by Otem - 12-10-2017, 10:54 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-11-2017, 12:23 AM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-11-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-11-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-11-2017, 08:37 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-11-2017, 11:48 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-12-2017, 03:56 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-13-2017, 01:40 AM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-13-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-13-2017, 09:25 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-14-2017, 03:51 PM