This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
it's in the smoke and pouring fatigue.
Open Tar Pits 
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
angel, wrestle me
crack my sides to let me see
She would never know the comfort her presence, her warmth brought to the stallion. Fore words would never be able to describe the anguish that his soul had been in, or the darkness that seeped into every corner of his being as it sought to snuff out his life. Having her lay beside him, her warmth seeping into the marrow of his bones, was his lifeline. It gave the part of him that wanted to live something to hold onto. The part that always tucked away the kind, encouraging words of his surrogate mother, but never dared believe them. He had never allowed himself to truly believe that another could care for him. Sure, she loved him. But she had raised him from a foal and thus shaped who he was. Those set to guard him had soften towards him, even come to care for him, but there had always been a distance between them.

Whether that distance was real or merely imagined, it had been there. All of them had been forced to be with him. Only then did they actually come to know him. Never had anyone had the free choice to stay or leave. Taivas was the first, free person that he had ever met. She was also the only one that had not only met him, but now lay beside him in his time of need. She did not simply run off. She chose to stay. To help. To care. This was what had struck him so deeply. What had given him strength to hold on. To combat the voice within himself that sought to tear him down. Though he was not aware of this. Too dazed and confused. Too tired to think or register what was transpiring. He only watched her. Held onto the sight of her face as he lay there. Her words caressed his ears and he shudders, his lungs letting out a deep breath. Sluggishly his eyes close as the comfort of knowing that he was not alone settles his heart. Darkness edged in on his vision, and this time, he no longer fought it.

-Time Lapse-

He was not sure how long he slept. Caught up in the comforting oblivious of exhaustion, he slept on. Unaware of how his tail would eventually move in an attempt to wrap around Taivas, like a cat curls their tail around their kittens. Nor was he conscious of the fact that he would lean further into her, seeking the reassurance of her presence. he knew not of his actions or the reaction of Taivas. Only blackness prevailed as his body tried to recover from it harsh treatment.

You really think that you can survive in this world? The voice whispered in the darkness, full of malice and disgust. A weak hearted creature, who falls apart simply because he stole from some random mare? Bah! You will be ripped apart by this world. Curse the gods for binding me to you. Curse the blood in your veins!

The voice boomed in the void. Shattering the blissful silence that had wrapped around the stallion's consciousness. Roscorro's eyes shot open, jarred from his exhaustion induced sleep. The voice faded into an angry grumble, trapped within the darkness where the giant's own soul had shoved it, determined the smother it before the black flame grew. But its fight was weak, the mind and body still tired. And so the distance snarls continued in the back of the Clydesdale's mind. But that was not what grabbed the gentle being's attention. No. He had forgotten the words that had drifted through his mind between the world of the waking world and sleep, where the walls of that internal prison weakened and the voice crept through. What captured his attention that very moment, was the form of Taivas, and the fact that he was wrapped around her.

His muscles ached and protested as he pulled away. His body was warm, much too warm. Had he no fur one could see the way it flushed as his heart hammered against his chest. he did not stand, fearing that his legs would not yet support him. Otherwise he would have fumbled, trying to stand in a hurried attempt to put distance between them. Like Taivas, he had never been so close to another outside of his care giver. He was never the type to force his presence on another, nor had he ever attempted to drew so near to anyone in such an intimate way. He did not recall even drawing so near to her. She should have slapped him across the face with a wing for being so pertinent. He could not meet her gaze. He was like a child caught doing something he should not have. The part of his body that had been pressed against her felt so cold now that it had been withdrawn from her touch. Stupid. Don't think about that! He scolded. In the back of his mind the voice snickered.

Flustered the dragon-kin could not ever speak as the weight of what had transpired finally fell upon him. He felt exhausted all over again, its bite held off by the adrenaline that now coursed through his body. Stemmed by his embarrassment in putting the kind mare in such a position. At least he wasn't dwelling on his betrayal of Kaida. Though the stallion wanted to dig a hole and hide in it all over again. But for a far different reason than before. This was just too much! He hid his head underneath his talons, as if this vain act would shield him from Taivas's gaze. "I-I'm sorry!" He finally stuttered. "I-I didn't mean..." He didn't mean what? The stallion wasn't exactly sure what 'What' was, but he felt deeply embarrassed for what ever it was. Why had he gotten so close to Taivas in the first place? He should have known better than to take advantage of her kindness. Not that he was aware of what he had done. Stupid, stupid, stupid! He silently cursed at himself.

"TALK HERE"
that if the end will set me free
or send me down below
Roscarro
image credit to jonathon_brandt at flickr

@Taivas <3
OOC: -dies-
Roscorro is attempting to wrap his tail around Taivas, and lean closer. (Though he was unaware of this fact).
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: it's in the smoke and pouring fatigue. - by Roscorro - 12-13-2017, 03:53 AM