This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
A Guilty Thief
Trial Halyven 
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO

He visible flinched when Kiada called him her friend. He could never atone for the hurt he had caused her, for this betrayal. He could spend his entire life trying to make amends. But that did not mean he would earn it. Or deserve it. How low of a creature did he have to be to lie and deceive someone so brave, kind, and noble as Kiada. He only hoped, that perhaps one day, she would find it in her heart to forgive him. Like she had done with the god of this world. Though he had offered her a gift. The brown giant had nothing to offer. He could not even bring warmth to the mare like he had once been able to do. He was but a lowly cretin. He remained still. Enduring her anger. Awaiting his final punishment. It was the only honest thing he could do.

When she spoke again he dipped his head. But she had been a stranger when they had met. He mentioned nothing about the nagging feeling he had felt that day, and into the night. A sixth sense that told him that if he did not take from her, he would not live long enough to steal from another. The eyes had grown restless, and hungry. He had known of death. Had seen it and been threatened with it many times. He knew that in coming to this world he was now unprotected by the gods that had cursed him. The death his parents had so greatly desired was possible within The Rift. But even knowing this Roscorro had never been faced with such a real threat of death. He knew in the marrow of his bones that he had been close to perishing. It shook him deeper than he had imagined it would as he was forced to face his own mortality. This was a driving force in his act of stealing. Even if she was a friend. But shouldn't a friend understand that and forgive? He would not ask. Any argument would not be heard. Nor would he try to gain her pity by shedding further light upon his position. He had committed a crime. Plain and simple. Only a coward would continue to babble and beg. Trying to plead for mercy when they knew they had betrayed someone who had come to trust them. He held his tongue. Silently enduring the scathing fury of the warrior.

The crown had been returned. Snatched from his paw by Kiada's regal companion. She too looked at him with hate in her eyes. He could not blame them. He would not. Though the blood within his veins began the burn. It wanted to fight. To take the mare down and make her pay for reducing it to such a pitiful heap. Treating it like nothing more than a petty thief. But that was exactly what he was. The stallion fought the instinct. His soul still strong enough to hold back his blood. That fight became all the more difficult when wings of blades sprouted from the mare's back. Ripping and tearing her own flesh with their sharp edge until the scent of blood filled the air. Igniting the fire within his soul. His head bowed lower in acceptance. His body tensed in anticipation and the battle that raged within him as he soul fought down his ancient instincts.

Never before had he been faced with this. In his old world he had only felt a small nagging from somewhere deep within him. Now it roared to be let free, to fight the fight he refused to face. It could not longer abide letting him stand by and let others hurt him. But he refused to harm Kiada again. He doubted he would reach her before those wings killed him. But the act of trying to harm her, on top of taking something precious to her, would cause damage beyond repair. He could not. He would not do that to her! Instead he lay there in silence. Awaiting his death. Odd. How he had been so terrified of dying by the hands of those eyes. Yet here, there was nothing more than an acceptance within his soul. (other than that part of him that wanted to fight her of course). The main part of him accepted that if Kiada did take his life, it would be a just punishment. For he believed in the mare's wisdom of the world.

But the blow never came. Only a far more damming attack that drove into his heart like a javelin. “Hate isn’t a strong enough word for what I feel for you right now." He was not surprised, but that did not stop it from hurting. But what was worse. The final nail in the coffin. Were the words she uttered next. “I never want to see you again Roscorro." Never. He would never have a chance at redemption. He could never attempt to ease the pain in Kiada's heart that he had caused. Because he would never appear before her again. He swallowed hard. Any hope that he had been clinging to drifting away like smoke in the wind. With a resolute sigh, he said. "As you wish." He stood, his hulking frame rising silently. "You will never see me again. May the gods watch over you, and guide your steps." With the simple farewell and solemn promise still upon his lips, the stallion turned and left. Head low. Utterly defeated.

"Talk."

But You Cannot Break My Hope!
I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

@Kiada
OOC: I just can't anymore. These two! TvT Roscorro officially exits. Go ahead and place your own exit post and archive it. We will have to get these two back together so they can kiss and make up. I am not sure how long my boy will live with such a heavy heart.
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 

Messages In This Thread
A Guilty Thief - by Roscorro - 11-21-2017, 04:02 AM
RE: A Guilty Thief - by Kiada - 11-22-2017, 06:39 AM
RE: A Guilty Thief - by Roscorro - 11-26-2017, 01:47 AM
RE: A Guilty Thief - by Kiada - 11-27-2017, 06:15 AM
RE: A Guilty Thief - by Roscorro - 11-28-2017, 01:53 AM
RE: A Guilty Thief - by Kiada - 11-29-2017, 07:05 AM
RE: A Guilty Thief - by Roscorro - 11-30-2017, 06:32 AM
RE: A Guilty Thief - by Kiada - 12-16-2017, 03:28 AM