This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
some natures catch no plagues.
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
angel, wrestle me
crack my sides to let me see

He had learned long ago to train his skills of observation. As such the stallion was very astute. He picked up on the other's subtle cues. He did not trust him, that was obvious. And the laughter that had escaped his velvet lips had only served to insult the warrior. Even though he himself had been quite presumptuous first; when he stated that he was the most favored in this fight due to his size. There was no way Roscorro was going to point that out to this sun-kissed fellow. There was a enough tension in the air without adding a contest of who is stronger and better. The roamer had already perceived him to be an attacker. Reading his readiness to defend against any evil that may come his way as a direct attack on him. While it was true, he was ready to fight, if the need arose, Roscorro did not seek to harm the other equine. But convincing him of that would not come about by throwing his own boasts and pride at Raein.

The behemoth listened to the other speak, watching him closely as the distrust was transmitted to him by every move the golden stallion made. His ears flicked back only briefly to show the disappointment in himself. He had not meant to insult the other stallion, nor had he endeavored to drive a wedge between them. Ever the peacemaker, Roscorro sought to smooth over the situation. But first, he would answer the other's question. Maybe by then he could figure out a good way to ease his nerves. Unlike his parents, this one was not so quick to launch at him in fury. This let him relax into an easier, less threatening, stance that served to prove his disinterest in a fight. Though he was not any less ready to react should Raein decided to attack him.

He had been intrigued to hear that Raein was not from Helovia. "So this place does touch other worlds." He breathed. "Aside from that of Helovia and my own." How many did this land come in contact with? Did some hold a stronger connection to this place than others? It was all so very interesting, and frightening. "I know very little of this world myself." He did not ask of Raein's world. He could tell that the other did not wish to share his tale. "It is called The Rift. And it is as broken and lost as the name for which it is given. Though I am told that it was much worse before we arrived. It's state did not change until the god of these lands used the land of Helovia to somewhat restore it- by devouring the other world. Many of Helovia's inhabitants are now trapped within these hostile borders. You are the first horse, other than myself, that I have met that has not been apart of the destroyed world of Helovia." He recalled what Kaida had told him. Her belief that as more came to this land and explored it, its wounds would somehow heal and a better place may come of it. He honestly did not understand how this would take place when all the land did was take. Did it intend to steal everyone's magic in order to restore its own? If so, why had it left Kaida with hers? It had even expounded upon it. Maybe it did not only take things.. The Rift was a strange, confusing place that constantly left him feeling off balance. Best not to try and wrap his head around the whole thing, or else he risked losing it.

"I do apologize for earlier. I did not mean to insinuate that you are any less of a warrior with my laughter. I do not doubt your capabilities. You carry yourself in the fashion of a seasoned knight." He tilted his head as he observed the other. "I merely found it humorous that, out of all of the foul things that surely dwell within this land, you found me threatening enough to feel the need to threaten me." He took a couple steps back in a silent way of showing that he truly meant no harm. The distance between them now was far too great to even think of preforming a successful surprise attack. Though his voice had no trouble spanning it. "I was also quite relieved. Not only are you not a beast of this jungle, but a knight who does not seek out violence first. But instead you tried to sway me from possibly attacking you with your words. Of course, you could be a clever thief or murderer trying to ease me into a false sense of security. Or I could be the thief." A pang of regret stabbed at his heart, but he revealed none of it. "Neither one of use can see the ways of the other's heart." He added the last point, expanding upon it in his next sentence. "I've found in my life that many look upon the outside and make an assumption, it is only natural, we all do it. But as a result we often do not see what lays within, until it is too late."

His eyes fell to the scars that covered the golden's shoulders. It was not as obvious to anyone who did not have wings, or know the Pegasus breed. But the shoulders had once supported a pair of their own wings. Removing them would never completely get rid of the way the body is built in order to support flight. He knew not how the other had lost his wings. But his mind could come up with a thousand theories. But he was good to brush them aside, knowing first hand that judging and assuming was a dangerous road to travel down. "Sometimes, the most dangerous, and evil beings, are wrapped in the most beautiful appearances. I have learned that the hard way." His parents were such beings.

TALK HERE"
that if the end will set me free
or send me down below
Roscarro
image credit to jonathon_brandt at flickr

@Raein

OOC:
I don't think Roscorro has spoken this much, or this philosophically, to anyone. xD
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 

Messages In This Thread
some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-13-2017, 02:56 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-13-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-13-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-13-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-14-2017, 06:19 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-15-2017, 01:17 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-15-2017, 03:59 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-21-2017, 01:49 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-25-2017, 06:36 PM