This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
a home away
Open Halyven 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
K I A D A

Her story was nothing unusual, really, when it came to the Rift. Many came here from their own hardships, a curious thing that the Harpy wished to know more about, mainly from people she’d never met before, people that hadn’t ventured to Helovia and seen it fall. Curiously, she nodded to him as he began to speak, taking in his extremely unique appearance of talons where hooves typically went and spines where flesh should be. She wasn’t afraid of him, she was simply curious. Had the Rift turned him into this or had he been born this way? Time would surely tell.

He spoke of caregivers and guards, and her head began to tilt slightly as she studied him. Her heart yearned for him as he spoke of only knowing dark tunnels, cold and leeched of life. He spoke of his parents taunting the gods and punishing him when he was born – causing her lips to form in a small tight line. What kind of god took out their revenge on an innocent child? She felt the anger begin to burn beneath her flesh, simmering in her blood as the faintest flicker of flame appeared along her spine.

She heard his talons scrape the floor and watched as his gaze dropped down. Then, much to her surprise, she listened as he spoke of them trying to kill him and she simply didn’t understand. She, too, averted her gaze letting it linger against stone as she realized suddenly what Erebos meant when she was young and ignorant. “Would you be a feared queen one day or a loved one?” And she had foolishly answered; “Feared.” She felt as though she now knew what that looked like – it didn’t look like pledging your allegiance to the Killer of the Gods and wishing for the best. It looked like destroying anything that didn’t matter to you – including your kin, and Kiada finally realized that it was simply she didn’t have in her to do.

But she continued to listen as he spoke of being born cursed. She nodded to him slowly as his words turned optimistic. His voice became happier and she lifted her head to gaze upon him, offering him a gentle smile of encouragement. “If it’s any consolation, Roscorro, I don’t think you’re cursed or ugly.” She noted, aiming to reach her ivory rimmed face toward him in an attempt to press her pink muzzle against his neck in consolation should he allow it. “I find you intriguing and fascinating.” She offered him a smile before turning her head away, back to the white walls that surrounded them.

He questioned her again and she slowly shook her head no. “No, it was never a part of Helovia. But it looks exactly like the place my mother describes she was born in.” She paused, scrutinizing the location as if she were trying to spot important landmarks. “The land of her birth was called Halyven. A place once brimming with power and ivory towers. Mainly ran by unicorns with equines as their servants. But they were at war with a land to the East. My mother had been a common girl all her life, but when faced with war the King of the land came up with a huge lie that my mother was the princess of this land and that she needed to be protected all her life. The Queen was dead, and nobody would argue with the King, and so she went on believing it.” She paused, looking back to Roscorro. “As it were, it was actually half true. She was the daughter of the Queen – but the Queen had an affair with the General and thus my mother was a result. She was able to live, unknowing of her past aside from what teachers had told her, but the King had the Queen and General put to death. The King had told my mother he had to protect her when her mother died of childbirth.” She shrugged slightly, unsure how to explain the rest. “Anyway, he sent her off to marry the prince of the land they were at war with – a kingdom of pegasi. At first, the man my mother was to be with was kind and charming, but he became more sinister as time went on. He had this… mental magic, that he used on her that could see memories of hers that even she couldn’t see. And when he found out that she wasn’t entirely royal, he set off with her and his warriors to take the Kingdom for his own. ” She paused once more, looking back at the ivory towers. “He beat my mother, destroyed the land, killed the King all while my mother had to look on. However, she managed to escape and fled for Helovia.” She finally answered, deciding to leave out the part of Calstron causing a miscarriage to her mother – as well as following her to Helovia and destroying her mentally there as well.

When she was finished, she looked back to Roscorro with a shrug. “I’m not sure if this is it, though. Only way to be sure is to find my mother and bring her here.” She announced.

Talk.

there is a certain beauty in setting the world on fire
and watching from the center of the flames —

x

@Roscorro <3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)

Messages In This Thread
a home away - by Kiada - 10-31-2017, 05:39 AM
RE: a home away - by Roscorro - 11-05-2017, 07:33 PM