This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Outsiders
RP Wanted The Portal 
Saoirse
Currently championing:

S A O I R S E

Everything twisted and stretched around him in the most unnatural of ways. The boy barely believed himself as the light twisted figures into garbled versions of themselves, mixing and coalescing like various colours of paint.

He was detached from his own body – could not feel his heart beat heavily against his throat, or his wings for which they often hugged closely against his sides. In fact, he should have been clenching every fiber of his being in the uncertainty of the unknown that rippled within, throughout and beyond him. In blinding light and encroaching darkness, the voices continued to cry out and muffle below, right and left, behind and ahead. The swirling ceiling swayed at the tips of the boy’s ears, while KAOS’ voice rippled out with laughter.

It might have been seconds, or hours, when Saoirse was thrust out of the wormhole’s clutches. Spat out into the throes of a thick and humid forest.

Unprepared for the sudden drop in speed, the boy’s body smacked into the base of a wide, thick tree. The colt’s left side pummeled against the vines and wet foliage surrounding the hardy, bark-like texture. Giving the yearling’s body some give, before his legs gave out and crumpled onto the forest floor with a pained wheeze. A momentary pause in breath passed, before Saoirse’s ragged breathes returned. The tears that had gathered at the edges of his eyes before the rift, inevitably rolled down his cheeks without due concern. They burned disgracefully with salty reprise, gushing with each unabated blink as his wide eyes struggled to take on his new surroundings.

In a frantic motion, spurned by his fears of KAOS, the youth willed himself up and back to his feet. Surveying the ugly, florescent glow that bounced off the cable of vines and suffocating foliage. He was caged, alone with the darkness that momentarily flashed with teeth – and the bottomless depth of KAOS’ voice. Ringing out with a painful burst of noise; I am life – I bring LIFE!”

The events prior to entering the rift replayed in the boys mind. Unabated, Saoirse could not stop thinking about the caustic smoke, and the countless bodies torn apart from the inside out. Their flesh corroded within seconds, sent a strange and fascinated pulse of admiration for KAOS. Despite the Helovian’s cries of anger and wretched sorrows murmuring in the background, the boy was simultaneously trapped between awe and horror. Was life so fragile then? Must all life be brought anew with death and sacrifice? Saoirse could not distinguish the difference between the mortals who had perished, and the gods who had bled in vain for their safe passage.

Even the sun god had met his demise against KAOS. His god had failed him, his god was just as mortal as the individuals who had defied KAOS.

The boy shuffled in his spot. He finally dipped down his head, and wiped the tears away from his cheeks, considering the dangers inhabiting this strange and odd forest. He wondered briefly how he might escape it – but as he lifted his dulled gaze to the forest ceiling, the foliage nearly blotted out the sky ahead. If you could call it a sky; Saoirse couldn’t tell from the heavily laced silhouettes of tree limbs, and vines.

@Sabia
- open to anyone!

{link to SWP participation} http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=27710&page=3

Magics:
N/A

Enchanted items
N/A

Regular items
[ Item: Leather Bag | A medium leather bag with magnetic clasps. ]

Rift-god / Kaos items
N/A

Amulets : 1 Spark Amulet

Companion/s :
N/A

Species change (if applicable) : N/A

Requests:
Would love something dramatic to happen to him somehow, good or bad? IDK, XP
Thank-you <3
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
Thick, dark spears of trees strike out from the ground; those the giants were dying, rotting from the inside out as their magic hearts succumbed to darkness and beat black, tarry blood through their great leaves. This dark sap bled from too-wet drunks; tears drowning in the forever onslaught of ominous wetness that rained from muted, sunless skies.

Blue light bathes these ancient giant’s weeping; it sweeps along the selfish vines that seek only to wrap their stretching lengths around all this new life.

But the giants remain still; quiet titans in the face of death and even in the face of the wild, feral, vicious strikes the land made on these new souls. They would wait, as they always did; waiting to pass judgement on the hope this promised.
the Rift

[TRANSFER NOTES : SAORISE ]

Amulets:
Oh, the shades are disappointed. You've so little meat on your bones to chew and scavenge. But, these ravenous forces do still try, tightening against your small body with vicious and reckless determination. They will eat something. They tug on your horns, your wings, your eyes. Anything, everything. And when they leave with your amulet, you feel quite empty. Your lungs must agree, for the next breath you exhale is tinged blood-red, as is every following breath. What have these shadows done to you?

Normal item transfers fine! Use this thread as link-proof in your profile :)
Iskra
Currently championing: Caevoc
When there's madness, when there's poison in your head
When the sadness leaves you broken in your bed
"SAOIRSE!"

Iskra calls out hoarsely, having arrived not long before and body still raw with screaming in terror and grief. The shadows that plagued this place had gotten him separated from Zekle and Mauna, and while he'd still need to search for them to regroup, he was thrilled to find a familiar face among the dreary alien realm they had all been flung into.

As he neared, Iskra extended his muzzle in greeting, offering the strength of his neck and shoulder to help lift the colt back onto his feet if need be. Unfortunately, the Rift hadn't just taken from Iskra (and all of them), it had also given Iskra some things, or better said, changed them. Wings that once produced harmless sparks now stunk like rotten eggs and could elicit a smart shock if touched. Still new to the boy, Iskra was careless of this, and at this point had gotten used to his own odor.

From around his flank, a small humpback whale drifted forth, gliding through the air as if in the sea, multiple fins flapping slowly at his sides. The Leviathan peered on curiously at this colt Iskra knew, glad for the distraction to his grief-wrought bonded, who had lost too many friends and family already. "Are you alright?" Iskra asked, grimacing as he said it. "I mean, I know you're not... but are you injured at all?"
Iskra
I will hold you in the depths of your despair
And it's all in the name of love
Sabia
Currently championing:
(can you guys see the words in her table? I can't that well and I don't know if its just the tablet im using or the site)
Sabia
The world was consumed by darkness.
Sabia felt as if she was free falling into nothingness, Sarika was ripped from her side and replaced by the claws of an icy coldness that gripped her heart and gave a good squeeze. Kaos' words boomed and echoed, bouncing off invisible walls and filling her with terror. "SARIKA?!" the mare called "Rika?" she could feel her heart pounding in her throat as her daughter didn't call out. Sabia scanned everything around her but it was so damn dark that she might as well have had her eyes closed. The mare felt absolutely helpless and weak against whatever was happening, wherever, Kaos had sent them. Just then, like a pinprick, pure light seemed to appear and suddenly Sabia was rushed forward by what felt like an icy cold gush of air and she was thrown from the darkness and onto the dirt of the forest floor.

"Shit...."
Bright pain erupted in the mare's mouth as she bites down hard on her tongue on impact, lifting her head from the dirt Sabia spat out a glob of blood, then took in the forest. Fog rolled over the ground and over her legs and back as if she was just a hurdle in its path, everything was so dark and unnatural oh god where was she? Spitting out another glob of blood Sabia gets to her hooves just as Sarika seems to appear out of no where Sarika took a few rolls and landed on her bottom, with big blue eyes the filly looks up at her mother and seems like she's about to cry but thinks better, opting to trot to Sabia's side and hide behind her back legs and tail.

It is then that Sabia's eyes land on the two yearlings by the tree. More specifically the one laying by the tree, the ground seems to drop out from under her and then all of a sudden come rushing back, tears begin rolling down her face because a mother never forgets her own baby. This was Saoirse. "Saoirse..." the mare lifts a leg to take a a step forward but thinks better of it and lets her leg dangle there. "My baby...are you okay?" she asked worriedly, Sabia fought every instinct in her body to not jump to him and look him over. "Let me look at you- I know I was gone but i'll never leave you again- god are you okay?!" her words tumbled over themselves because oh. my. god. This was her baby.

Put me through hell again, I miss the fire.
 Notes: Momma's home!
@Saoirse
@Sarika
@Iskra
{link to SWP participation} http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=27710&page=4

Magics:
{*]N/A \n\nEnchanted items\n{*}N/A\n\nRift-god / Kaos items\n{*}N/A\n\nAmulets : 0\n\nCompanion/s : \n{*}N/A\n\nSpecies change (if applicable) : \n\nRequests:\n[*}Have at her!
Sarika
Currently championing:

The dark was a thing Sarika feared.
As she was propelled away from her mother a small squeal escaped her body as fear and the icy cold of the dark enveloped her. Like a rabbit the filly froze and simply fell with blue eyes wide, she didn't know what was happening and was consumed with a terror too pure. Rika could hear her Mama calling for her but she simply couldn't call out because she was just too scared. If Rika had any concept of time she might have thought that she had been falling forever, but instead she just thought of the green field her and Mama played in and how much she missed it. It was then the filly was propelled forward and out of the portal.

Sarika rolled three times before landing on her butt, bruised and covered in dirt the filly looked to her mother, tears about to pool over but she thinks better of it but Rika thinks she's tough, yes sir! Hoping up the filly wags her oddly feathered tail and trots to her mother, hiding behind her legs and almost completely covered up by her Mama's tail.

When she hear's her mother start to cry the filly pokes her head out and looks from Sabia to the two yearlings. They are taller and bigger than her but that doesn't matter to her, they're making her Mama cry! Stomping out from behind her mother Sarika tries and fluffs herself up to look intimidating - or as intimidating as a filly can look when you have unbelievably curly hair and feathers sprouting from your mane and tail.

"Why are you making my Momma cry?! You-you bullies!"
Sarika flaps her useless wings and shouts trying to be mean and scary. "That is not nice, no sir!" she states, really having no idea what was really going on.

@Astarot (maybe he'll find out Rika's his kid lol)
{link to SWP participation} Right as I was clicking post the thread locked and wouldn't allow me to post for her!
Magics:
{*]N/A \n\nEnchanted items\n{*}N/A\n\nRift-god / Kaos items\n{*}N/A\n\nAmulets : 0\n\nCompanion/s : \n{*}N/A\n\nSpecies change (if applicable) : \n\nRequests:\n[*}Have at her!
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
You're useless to the Rift.

Your souls are barren, devoid of sustenance—just souls, things the starved land cannot feed upon. There is no magic dripping like sweat from your presences, there's nothing to curl claws around and rip from you. You're useless. Worthless. A burden, without balance, without offering.

The greatest champion had promised a feast, but it had not been delivered. There had been souls, yes, a tide of souls! But either they had nothing—like these creatures—or they were guarded by a seal not even the Rift could break through.

Somewhere in the forest, an alien scream rings out.
the Rift

[ TRANSFER NOTES: SABIA ]

Nothing happens to you.

[ TRANSFER NOTES: SARIKA ]

As you spend time in the Rift, your decorative feathers start to look like they have been stained with ink, and splattered with color. Hour by hour they will darken, until they are void black, and covered in random neon blotches
Astarot
Currently championing:
Astarot and Zafir
He watches others of his large family arriving and looking around at everyone else. He smiles gently at each and everyone of them enjoying their presence. The he watched with horror as vines wrapped around on of his sister's faces. She squealed harshly trying her best to get free. Her breath gurgled for a moment as she struggled to breath then the vines slithered away. She stood shaking and panting before lifting her head. Her face had been so pretty before they had touched her, now her brow was covered in spider like eyes. He stared openly horror struck. He turns and looks at his father worriedly. "There is a mare I must find."

Without another word he turns and leaves a shiver racing down his spine. Zafir takes off flying high above the gathered horses spit into a strange world. Within a few moments she comes back and leads her dunskin stallion to Sabia. His dual colored eyes take in those gathered around her. First he sees her son, then Iskra, then Sabia herself and finally a small filly. He freezes and Zafir calls out to the mare questioningly before landing in front of the young girl. She looked like a winged version of himself beautiful and perfect. A lump formed in his throat as he watched the girl flap her wings and yell angrily. A smile slowly creeps onto his skull marked face as he watches her.

'Come on.' Zafir hisses irritably into his mind as she eyes the light colored filly. Shaking his head once he steps forward his heart swelling at the thought of having a child of his own. Then he realizes what an awful start she must have had. Worried he steps towards her stopping beside her and smiling nervously. "Hello Iskra, Saoirse, Sabia, and you little one." He turns his gaze to the girl once more after nodding to everyone in turn. After a few moments he turns and looks at the once sickly mare. He could remember helping her long ago in Helovia.

Taking a deep breath he steps towards the mare and drops his voice. "Is she mine?" His eyes sparkle hopefully as he gazes down at her. Zafir reaches out to the filly curiously trying to sniff her. Astarot leaves her be, knowing she would never harm a foal, especially one that might be his.
---------------------------
Talk
Words ::  394
image credits
- table by Niki -
Saoirse
Currently championing:

S A O I R S E

Saoirse didn’t notice the inky substance on his left shoulder, imprinted by the tree trunk. Merely wet and insignificant, as the colt considered the graveyard of ancient trees. It would take time for his eyes and mind to adjust to the lapis glow accenting their gnarled barks, and the added depths of their shadows. It was nearly too dark to see anything, and yet the world bled blue with sinister, haunting creeks – urging the colt onwards for an escape.

Before he could take a step, an invisible force begins to compress his being. “What the – ” Saoirse shudders under the invisible hands at work. He tried fighting them off with a pathetic growl, tossing his horned head, sprawling his wings – stumbling and being pulled whichever way in the process. He looked possessed for a moment, the movements unnatural as he was jerked one way or the other. Until he stumbled on the forest floor and fell again – the familiar heat of anger, boiling beneath the surface. “Fuck off!”

Until they take it, the amulet, his anger twists painfully away from him. Replaced with unreasonable thoughts of loss. It reverberates through the colt, choking the air momentarily from him. And spreads from his lungs to his heart, limbs and all. To the point of being stuck in a half standing position, because he can’t quite make it up himself at this point.

“SAOIRSE!”

The stench snaps the boy’s attention up to the familiar colt. Grimacing, as the other boy’s smell envelopes them both. A weak cough greets Iskra before Saoirse offers a half smile. “Iskra?” An air of disbelief marks his voice, and boops the extended muzzle, taking the offered neck and hauling up against him.

“I’m not sure…” He breathed out, the air bloody as he did so – and stiffened as he finally found his feet and stared at the colour. “Ah… what…” He swallowed hard and shook his head, an expression of confusion furrowed his brows together – and his eyes appeared lost as he searched his friend’s face for answers. “Did you – AYE!” The unexpected shock had Saoirse flinching back, as it connected with a portion of his wing. “What the hell is happening?” An incredulous snort followed with a maroon waft. The boy’s eyes widened, and finally settled on the curious creature beside his friend; but before he could get another word out, an emerging figure and her irritating voice snaps his focus away.

“You…” He glared at Sabia, and the child pressed quietly behind her legs. He found that her tears meant very little to him anymore, as his features twitched with returning ire. And at the thing that suddenly fills itself with pomp and gusto, facing them with blind, foolish courage. “Leave me be mare,” he snapped. He didn’t want to face her, or the new family she’d attached herself to. With felled ears pressed against his head, he regarded Iskra. “I think I’m good. We should probably go...” A look of anxiety crossed the boy’s gaze, as he shifted in the opposite direction. 

Which only intensifies as the stallion approaches Sabia. The colt struggles to keep more tears from falling down his cheek. With a swallow he turns away, walking further - farther into the shades ahead.

@Iskra
Iskra
Currently championing: Caevoc
When there's madness, when there's poison in your head
When the sadness leaves you broken in your bed
A smile, however weak in spirit, found its way to Iskra's lips as his friend roused and clambered back to his feet, a good sign. Iskra's 'brows furrowed in confusion and wonder just like his however as his words spilled out alongside a visible red residue. Maybe he wasn't so hale after all.

Before Iskra could even begin to fathom an answer however, Saoirse leapt back as if stung, and the suddenness of it sent a thrill down Iskra that caused him to shy away as well, body tucked and coiled into itself as he jerked sideways and half-reared. "What!?" Iskra blurted out with widened nostrils, eyes darting around for something terrible, like perhaps all those lurking eyes finally doing more than watching. Iskra been aware of his newfound stench, but he didn't yet realize his previously harmless sparks weren't so docile.

Before either boy could further figure out what the Rift had done to them however, a nearly hysterical mare bore down upon them. That she knew Saoirse by name put Iskra at ease, but that Saoirse seemed less than receptive kept him on edge. Alert, Iskra stood rigid, awkwardly lingering behind the family reunion, his head high and damp feathers faintly lifted with the energy of the moment. An angry filly pokes her head around next, and while Iskra prepared to flash her one of his winning smiles in warm welcome, her tongue lashed out furiously instead and cut it off his facade. "What!" Iskra repeated in protest, as though this filly had called him the worst name imaginable. Bully!?

"I am not!" Iskra complained childishly in return, gaze narrowing at her. "She was already crying," he poorly attempted to explain, likely to little avail. He glanced over at Soairse for back up, but the colt seemed to be arguing with the mare. Before Iskra could continue Astarot walked up, greeting him, which Iskra returned with a distracted nod. He was truly grateful to see another familiar face, especially Astraot's, having known him to be a powerful healer in their herd and a savior during his time of need, but right now Iskra's head was a little full of everything happening. That's why he eagerly trotted after Saoirse as the boy stalked off, though Iskra threw a worried glance over his shoulder.

"Hey," he said lowly to Saoirse, but if he was whispering it wasn't all that quiet. "Who were they? Was she your mom?" The mare's words had suggested such, but Soirse's reaction told a different tale - especially because Iskra remembered the frightened child on the desert sands telling the sultans his mother was lost and they needed to find her. It left a confused weight in Iskra's gut, because if that was Saoirse's mom, then why did he react that way?

Iskra and his mom didn't always see eye to eye, but what he wouldn't give to see her right now.
Iskra
I will hold you in the depths of your despair
And it's all in the name of love

Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.
Sabia
Currently championing:
Sabia
 Sabia turns her tear streaked face in the drection of the screech, its Astarot's dragon, which meant....Sabia watched as Astarot's eyes went fron Saoirse, then the other yearling, and then to Sarika. A shattered sob escaped Sabia's lips as she watched the smile play across Astarot's face, the mare had never felt so releaved. Sabia felt ashamed at the small fear that stroked through her heart as Astarot stepped towards Sarika. However his kind words eased the mare. Sabia was so happy that at least one of her children would know their father.

The hope glittering in Astarot's eyes sent a few happy tears trailing down her cheeks. How was it possible to feel happy in such a terrible situation? Sabia lowered her head and pressed it against the stallion's chest. "Yes she is, her name is Sarika...I....I didn't tell you because I didn't want to ruin your life" she said in a quivering tone. Now the mare simply felt foolish, seeing Astarot's reaction Sabia should have known he would be happy.

The happy moment crumbled into dust as Saoirse's words reached the mare's ears. It felt like a slap to hear her first born child say something like that to her, she loved him, always would. When Saoirse started to walk away images flashed across Sabia's vision: teaching him to fly, birthing him, those moments felt fresh in her mind. So did the monster's green eyes and dark horns. To Sabia, that was the devil. It felt like her grip on Saoirse was slipping, the ability to keep that painful secret weakening, it all built up and:

"ITS NOT MY FAULT" Sabia practically yelled "he raped me Saoirse! The dark man with horns, green eyes, and a copper beared that ran down his body." Sabia was like a bursting dam spilling all those terrible things she knew she shoudn't tell her son. The man's voice from that night echoed through her head; "out here all alone?"

"That monster ruined me but I kept you, I kept you because you were a part of me too and I love you...I always will" Sabia's voice was water weak and quivering. "I left you when things got too bad for me, Im a coward, I left my beautiful baby boy when he was too young to even understand why the sky was blue" Sabia said "and I regret that and I know...things will never be right but let me try and make it better. Baby, my baby, Saoirse come back to me" she pleaded.

Sabia's voice was raw and she had no more tears to cry, her body was weak and shivering, tears soaked her face. Sabia wasn't sure what she'd do if her baby kept walking. Into the darkness. 
Put me through hell again, I miss the fire.
 Notes: 
CRYING
@Saoirse
@Astarot