This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
a torrid love affair.
Open Blood Falls 
Korri
Currently championing: Reszo
Oh, my tongue's the only muscle in my body that works harder than my heart

"You want to punish them."

Something cold ran down his spine at that. Unrelated to the ruby waters, the chill was more like a premonition. Or like recognition — a thrill and a shudder all at once. Yes, Korri thought, but he held his small body still. He did not trust her enough to relax, though she did nothing more than stare at him with too her many eyes. Stare at him, and speak.

A strange thought: is this what it looks like from outside?

But he had no desire to harbor such a thought, so he shook it off and listened to Miin instead. They made a strange pair, certainly: the boy hewn in soft light and kind angles, the mare all sharp and pale and crystalline. The more he listened to her, though, the more he suspected they shared more in common than they appeared to. He wondered how terrible this was, if it were true. How possible that he might end up a thing like her, entirely mad and enchanted by even the thought of violence.

Korri sighed. He ought to be afraid, he thought, but he felt tired. Doubt wormed its way into him and he resented it, but he didn't blame Miin. He stepped toward her a pace and a half, and paused, regarding both her and the toss of the current with solemn eyes. "You enjoy the hunt?" Korri echoed, and rolled this over in his mind. Memories replayed briefly: so many memories, winged figures and white-rimmed eyes and hulking pale shapes filling dim hallways.

Korri shook his head. "I don't," he said, frowning. He was not entirely sure it was true. "I only want to do the right thing," he added, not speaking to Miin at all anymore but rather to himself. With a little shake, Korri spread his wings. His weight rocked instinctively back as his body prepared once more to hurl itself into the air. "You've given me a lot to think about," he added, hesitating. His gaze turned to Miin once more. "Thank you. I hope the following days find you well." And then he was prepared to leave, flinging himself skyward as he did so often and finding, for a time, somewhere he could be alone. Maybe just the empty embrace of the peaks above.

unsplash

@Miin
ooc// Thank you for the thread! :)

collect your tears, shoot 'em down
even giants hit the ground

Messages In This Thread
a torrid love affair. - by Miin - 07-16-2018, 01:49 AM
RE: a torrid love affair. - by Korri - 07-19-2018, 05:33 PM
RE: a torrid love affair. - by Miin - 07-19-2018, 09:12 PM
RE: a torrid love affair. - by Korri - 07-20-2018, 12:28 AM
RE: a torrid love affair. - by Miin - 07-22-2018, 07:41 PM
RE: a torrid love affair. - by Korri - 08-02-2018, 05:38 AM