This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
sounds like hallelujah
Private Aurora Tundra 
Aedion
Currently championing: Reszo
A E D I O N
you died screaming,
yet the monster who took your place was silent —
It was a brilliant night, the moon surprisingly out with an open sky, making room for even more frigid temperatures. Aedion didn’t mind, however, his thick fur of his wolf form was well accustomed to the cold temperatures of the North – he even found he enjoyed it as it soothed much of the fiery anger that continued to dwell inside him. Tonight, he decided not to stay long in that underworking of caves he lived in for a majority of the last year and a half. Instead, he figured a trip to the Tundra was well needed – to enjoy the mixing of his own blueish teal hues glowing in the night with the green waves of the Aurora high above.

Perhaps if he thought about it enough, he could join the waves in the sky, too.

It was soothing enough for the man, that he shrunk from his wolf form. The thick fur becoming a smaller coat, his paws back into sharp dark hooves, the shoulder blades along his back sprouted his favored barred wings once again. Once the transformation was complete, Aedion stood in the middle of the open ground, lifting his head high and breathing in deeply – enjoying the feeling of the cold against his lighter pelt, the way it soared and gently caressed each of his feathers. And as it was night, it was like the sky reflected in his pelt, too. The browns washed away to a dark grey, but his stripes and wings illuminated in that brilliant teal, glowing as though it stole it from the sky.

He wondered quietly if this is what peace in his heart felt like. But he knew it wasn’t true – he hadn’t even started the journey to fight the Helovians, to write the wrongs they had done, to reign justice upon them. He remained still against the pale ground of snow surrounding him, his wings spread out far around him, calm enough for the moment to let the wind touch them again. He lowered them slowly, raised them up, and lowered them again as if he were dreaming of flying again. Of course, Aedion wasn’t foolish enough to fly for the time being. The last thing he needed was an untimely death due to an unfortunate shift.

"Talk."

— you are a weapon; and weapons don't weep.

x

@Korri <3 :D

YOU DIED SCREAMING, YET,
THE MONSTER WHO TOOK YOUR PLACE WAS SILENT.
YOU ARE A WEAPON, AND WEAPONS DON'T WEEP.
Korri
The lion isn't sacred when not sleeping near the lamb

The strange sensation of gazing down upon a mirror of home: the world a white blanket spread out far below. Pale up to the horizon, where it met a shifting sky. The Aurora was a haze of light on the pale feathers of Korri's wings. It hung above him always, gauzy strings of colorful light, no matter how high he flew. A part of him wanted to join it, dance in it. Another part was content merely to soar beneath, wings cupping the frigid air, as he watched the colors play on the snow beneath.

In part, Korri searched (as always) for black wings against the snow. His ears twitched in the direction of every faint noise, hoping for the sharp cry of his raven's voice. But he knew she was nowhere nearby. She remained absent from his mind, an aching void which even the lights of the aurora failed to soothe.

Korri was getting tired.

His flight path dipped low. Not at any one point, but gradually. His breath plumed behind him in a silver cloud; the ground loomed up, pristine. But then Korri noticed tracks. Paw prints. His wings scooped down and he began to rise again, frowning a little with concentration. Tracks? But massive. He rose again, just high enough that he could still see them, and followed the trail, his wing beats the only sound in the night.

Something played in the back of his mind: some half-forgotten thing his mother had told him once a thousand years ago. Something imaginary; something he still saw clearly as day. The image of a dappled grey stallion, vibrant as a storm cloud, toiling through a blizzard. Toiling through tracks left by some great beast.

Wolf tracks.

Korri was thinking of this in the idle way one thinks of daydreams when something loomed up out of the dark. Something like a piece of the sky: color and darkness. Shadow and light. Cousin to day, Korri thought before he could stop himself. Not here… But he circled around and began to spiral down, his ears up, his landing soft in the powdery snow.

There, several paces away, he stared.

Still: still as a doe caught in the gaze of a wolf. But the stranger Korri faced was not a wolf. It was a horse at the end of wolf tracks, a horse with great wings spread and echoing the sky. A massive horse. Korri felt his heart beat hard inside of his chest.

He breathed out.

His voice, when he spoke, was soft. The chiming of a low golden bell. "Gott kvöld, úlfur." The words rushed out in a white cloud, foreign in this place and foreign, too, on Korri's tongue. His mother's language. The language of his gods. Head tilting slightly, he breathed in.

It is evil when it eats unless it's feeding from the damned.
unsplash

collect your tears, shoot 'em down
even giants hit the ground
Aedion
A E D I O N
you died screaming,
The wind had a beautiful push and pull against his wings, and it was something Aedion savored in the moment. The way it pulled on the little strands of his feathers back and forth nearly gave him the illusion that he was flying. Perhaps, if the Wolf of the North closed his eyes, he could pretend he was among the lights in the sky, dancing and careless and free as he had once been. His father beside him, encouraging the young man to continue to fly, to let go of the anger that trapped him on the earth. Nothing was worse than being born a creature of the sky, only to be cursed to a life on the ground.

Suddenly, however, Aedion began to realize he wasn’t alone. He stood, wings spread as he heard the soft impact of snow – his wolf form begging to be released once again. And oh, how the man fought it, how he tried to keep it under wraps. But still, it began to grow and grow, and he wasn’t certain if the other creature was watching, if it was a predator or not, but suddenly the wolf began to burst out of him. Wings slowly and slightly agonizingly morphed into muscle, feathers into fur, his face widening as he grit his teeth and his not so sharp, flat teeth shifted into piercing sharp jabs. Growling against the interruption and the return to this form, he turned to face whoever had come.

Large ears flicked, unable to really hear anything the other creature said. But he was small, and he had wings and looked to have been flying, and Aedion was instantly jealous. “Who are you?” He growled in his guttural, booming voice, wishing that perhaps just once since the stupid North had opened, that he could be alone.

"Talk."

x

@Korri <3 basically how I imagined Aedion shifting enjoy xD

YOU DIED SCREAMING, YET,
Korri

The stranger never answered. Instead, he hunched as if shot through with pain, and something boiled over from inside him. Something — with a sharp intake of breath, Korri stepped back, wings flaring. The dark shape before him twisted and writhed, muscle bulging. Twisting. It was an ugly transformation. Korri watched it all unblinking, until a wolf stood in the hoofprints of the great pegasus.

Korri's own heart beat double-time against his sternum. Breath plumed like a ghost. It refroze into ice crystals in his long whiskers. Tiny beads catching the colors of the aurora. He took a half step back, wings flaring, muscle contracting beneath his shaggy coat, but he did not flee. No; he was still caught. Still half-dreaming of something from a very long time ago.

"Who are you?"

In the coarse language of the Riftians. Not the musical language of his mother's tongue. Not the language beating in his heart. Of course not, Korri thought, but he still couldn't stop looking. At the wolf's pale face. At its dark fur. The smell of it — musk and fur, thick and predatory. It clouded the air around the two of them and Korri shivered, though he wasn't cold.

"Ég heiti Korri," Korri responded. His mouth never formed around the syllables as easily as his mother's had. With a sigh, he added, "Korri Gulltórsson, of Osslen." He supposed he should be afraid, but he was not. Something deep inside of him ached. Even if the beast should kill him —

He shifted in the snow, particles catching in the thick hair around his fetlocks. "You look like someone I know," he said, quietly. "Someone I knew." For maybe the first time since he'd come to this place, sorrow shone through the golden syllables of his voice. I am tired, it said. A soft weariness rendering the words hollow. His voice a low, echoless chime.

"May I ask your name?" he asked, finally. He knew it would disappoint him, but he let the question loose, anyway.

unsplash

@Aedion :D

Aedion
A E D I O N
you died screaming,
Had anyone else seen the other interactions from Aedion, one would think the man felt followed. It seemed everywhere he went there was somebody else. Perhaps not the same person, but it seemed likely enough that perhaps someone was keeping tabs on him for someone higher. He wasn’t sure who it could be, though, seeing as the Gods were dead and he hadn’t heard of anything huge happening lately other than the reentry he suffered most recently. Regardless, he eyed Korri wearily and perhaps a bit angry, his eyes squinted slightly in his wolf form, lips curled up to show sharp canines. The smaller man’s wings flared slightly, appearing as though he wanted to step back and leave. But Aedion had to give Korri credit, the man wasn’t that scared, and to Aedion that was either reckless or inspiring – he couldn’t quite decide which.

His voice rung out across the snow, however, his voice taking on this melodic hum of another language. A growl began to form, uncertain if it was a Helovian tongue this creature spoke, but Korri appeased the wolf-hybrid. He spoke of a place called Osslen, which Aedion knew was a good sign. Anyone from Helovia would just say they were from there. So with that in his thick skull, the fur along his spine smoothed out slightly at the idea, his head lifting and tilting curiously as he continued to speak, Aedion’s ears straining to catch it against the howling wind.

He spoke of someone he knew, how Aedion resembled him, and Aedion had to imagine whoever it was that he reminded him of had to have been a great creature. It wasn’t every day Aedion had some sort of praise for this monstrosity he was born as. A grin crossed his features, sharp canines revealed in a nonthreatening way. “Well that’s the best thing I’ve heard all day, Korri.” His deep voice rumbled before chuckling slightly and swishing his thick tail against the snow as he sat idly, his pale teal fur gleaming as snow flecked and stuck in it. “I’m Aedion. Born and raised in this fucking place.” He offered the other man with a dip of his head and another deep, booming chuckle.

But curiosity got the better of Aedion, and he surveyed Korri with the two pale eyes he had – one completely white and appearing blind with a blackened scar crossing over it, the other silver with a pupil that shrunk slightly as he eyed Korri. “Who is this person I remind you of?” He questioned, hoping deep down it was something good and not so terrible. Aedion, at the core of his person, was a good person, but with the death of his family and the thirst for vengeance and blood, lines had grown blurred.

"Talk."

x

YOU DIED SCREAMING, YET,
Korri

The air shifted. Something changed between them. Something in what Korri said, though he didn't understand entirely why. But the wolf smiled, eyeteeth gleaming in the strange light, and Korri relaxed the posture of his wings. He did not quite fold them yet, but he allowed them to relax, hanging idle near his shoulders. His eyes traveled the wolf's shape curiously as it sank back onto its haunches.

"A pleasure to meet you, Aedion." Korri inclined his head slightly as he spoke. Then he did fold his wings, nestling them securely against his sides. "I wasn't aware children were ever born in this place. It seems a harsh environment to grow up in." Maybe this was hypocritical. Maybe Osslen had been harsh as well, ruled by ice and flame and tyranny. But Korri had known it from infancy. It had its rules. The Rift…. if it had rules, they were strange ones.

He met Aedion's gaze evenly as the wolf surveyed him, something curious in its mismatched eyes. A noticeable scar over the one eye — battle damage? Something else? Unsurprising in this place, but Korri suspected Aedion knew better than most how to take care of himself.

The wolf spoke again, of course.

It was a question Korri should have expected, but for a breath surprise blanked his features. He probably shouldn't have said that aloud, should he? Carried away by his own thoughts again. He hesitated, uttered an uncertain little laugh. "Well, maybe not a person, as such. Someone…" He was not about to dive down the rabbit hole of you remind me of my patron deity. It had been an utterly stupid thing to think, but he was so in love with the way stories made sense. He had almost wanted his life to make sense like that. For once.

"My people have a story," said Korri. His wings shifted as he struggled to word the answer, his light voice even but the words coming slow. "About a hero named Gárok who journeyed far across the frozen sea in search of something that was stolen from him. On his way back, he was lost in a storm, but he found the tracks of a great wolf and followed them. When he met the creature who had made them, he found it was enormous — larger than he. But it didn't eat him. It led him to safety, and then vanished." Here Korri paused, considering. "We call the wolf Myrkir," he added at last. His eyes shifted absently to the wing on his right side, the three black feathers there. Something inscrutable in his gaze. "It's a good story," he added, his voice soft. "My mother liked to tell it."

Maybe remembering himself, then, remembering where he was, he smiled a bit wryly and lifted his gaze. "I've yet to meet many others here who seem well-suited to the cold. Do you have a pack, Aedion?"

unsplash

@Aedion

Aedion
A E D I O N
you died screaming,
”A pleasure to meet you Aedion.” Korri’s voice rang out to him and Aedion puffed out his chest, the fur on it growing larger slightly in appearance, though the teal colors did little to show the pride that he tried to convey. Sighing quietly, his fuzzy ears perked to listen as the man across from him continued. Offering him a slight shrug, a roll of his great shoulders, he lifted a paw off the snowy ground and examined his claws as though it were idle chit chat. “Wasn’t always so bad, to be honest. Gods were shitty, but at least we had things and families, herds even.” He admitted the last part rather quietly before his dual toned gaze focused on Korri. “But then Helovia’s gods came and killed a whole bunch of us, stole our lands, and killed our gods. The Rift kind of revolted after that. It’s been an exciting turn of events, let me tell you.” He offered Korri another toothy grin, his canines shining in the light.

But then he had asked his question of this someone, and Aedion was far too eager to continue spitting on the Helovians to learn of what Korri had to say in regards to who Aedion had reminded him of. Apparently, it was a story from his homeland, and this made Aedion even more intrigued. He had heard references from his own people to their god Reszo, but hearing other stories were always welcome to the Wolf of the North. He yearned to hear all different kinds, so long as it was far away and didn’t have any effect on him. An example being that he’d probably rather die than hear a legend from Helovia. Regardless, he was all ears as he listened to Korri’s tale.

Suddenly the story sounded a lot like how this was playing out, only that Aedion wasn’t that god, and Korri wasn’t the hero. But Aedion didn’t feel in the mood of eating people, and so the rest of the story seemed to go on flawlessly. He offered Korri a gentle grin, this time, watching him curiously. “Well, it sounds like this whole thing is going along with that rather smoothly, wouldn’t you say? I haven’t eaten you yet, and honestly I don’t tend to like eating pegasi.” He chuckled, the sound a sharp grating sound in his wolf form. “It is a good story, though.” He amended before standing back up on all four of his legs before stepping toward Korri slowly, hoping the man wouldn’t be frightened of him. He listened as Korri asked about his pack and Aedion shook his head. “Not anymore, no.” He began, his gaze looking over Korri to the swirling snow beyond as if he could see his family through the haze.

Haven’t had a pack in a while. My family was killed when the Helovian gods came.” He offered Korri a bit solemnly before his pale gaze slipped back to the smaller man, his tail swishing along the snow. “It was awhile ago, though. I’ve done well as a lone wolf.” Another small laugh leaving his lips quietly as he surveyed Korri again.

"Talk."

x

@Korri <3 It's a bit all over the place, I apologize :|

YOU DIED SCREAMING, YET,
Korri

The longer they stood beneath the lights of the aurora, the warmer the wolf seemed to become. Korri relaxed by the second as well, his concerns eased by Aedion's body language. “Well, it sounds like this whole thing is going along with that rather smoothly, wouldn’t you say?" Korri smiled thinly in response to that. He did not add the obvious: I am not a hero. You are not a god. He suspected Aedion was trying to be friendly, though he wasn't sure what he'd done to earn it.

Korri was silent then for a time, allowing the words to sink in. Sifting through the previous information: stole our lands, killed our gods. He could not — what kind of god dies? He was thinking about his mother, about the distance in her eyes as she stood upon the cliff tops at night. As she sang to the sea.

The roar of water as it filled the halls.

He shuddered.

Breathed out.

"These….Helovians." Korri lifted his head. His ears tilted back in a faint frown. "What happened to them?" An edge crept into his voice, subtle but nonetheless present.

unsplash

Aedion
A E D I O N
you died screaming,
It seemed Aedion was far more chatty than his newfound friend. It didn’t bother the wolf any, instead he listened, keen eyes watching Korri for any signs of what he was thinking; though to be honest, Aedion found it quite difficult to read the other man. He tried not to let it bother him, instead, he laid out the information at Korri’s feet – the death of his gods, the bleeding of the land, his family dying, and the thirst for revenge. Justice for his family, for his home, for the life he could have had and the friends that could have remained. Justice for his control of his wolf form that he could no longer hold the leash to.

Plumes of white slipped from Aedion’s nose as he listened, head tilting slightly as Korri began to speak. “These… Helovians.” He began, Aedion’s lips turned up slightly in a grimace at the name, ears flattening slightly as hair puffed up. As Korri asked what happened to them, Aedion came to the realization that Korri didn’t know that the Helovian’s lived among them. The tight grimace of his face shifted toward a bloodthirsty smile as he hopped up onto all fours, stepping toward Korri should the other man allow, aiming to stand beside him before lifting a paw toward the world around them in a gesture. “Ah, yes. They’re here now.” His deep voice rumbled, eyes growing cold and calculating as he stared at the wall of snow before them.

The Sunstealers came into my home, ripped the world from underneath us and shrouded it in darkness. Our gods left to try and reclaim the lands they stole, but instead found an untimely death. Then, Kisamoa returned, and with him were the Helovians.” He paused, his voice growing cold and distant before he looked to Korri. “My family was killed in the transfer of lands, and now that the lands are back, everything is still fucked up. I don’t know what they’re doing or exactly where all of them are.” He admitted, ears flicking slightly as his claws dug into the soft packed snow beneath. “I’d like to pay them a favor for ruining my shit life.” He offered Korri another toothy grin, eyeteeth gleaming in the faint dancing lights.

"Talk."

x

YOU DIED SCREAMING, YET,
Korri

Korri said little as the great wolf spoke. Only leaned in, ears pressing forward. Eyes bright and keen. They're here now. Had Korri met them? His weight shifted as he mulled over this new information. Criminals — they most certainly were. If what Aedion said was true. Fact-checking required, of course, but… Well. Korri's ears twitched, and he straightened up.

"That's a terrible burden to bear," he observed. His tone was matter-of-fact rather than sympathetic. He understood what it meant to lose family. If he bothered to think on it, he still felt rage cold and burning in the depths of him. Rage, unquenchable and furious. Yes. "But it's a good thing you survived, isn't it? Someone ought to bring these Helovians to justice, I think." He said it almost cheerfully, but something keen still shone in between the syllables. Korri shifted again, and stepped closer to the wolf. He bristled now with energy, his head swarming with ideas, with feelings of his own, memories both real and imagined.

"I would be interested in learning more about these people," Korri said. Paused. "I don't…. I don't think I can listen to a story like yours without wanting to act on it, frankly. You were wronged. Someone ought to help you." He frowned. It did not occur to him Aedion may not want the help — he had already made up his mind. Perhaps he had done so when he first spotted the wolf and thought of Myrkir. Perhaps he had been destined to come here, anyway. To have this conversation. To act of his own will.

Echoes of one wolf speaking through another.

"I'm good at gathering information," he added. "And other things. I came here looking for a friend of mind, but I suspect it's something like fate that brought me to you, instead. A wayward hero and a wolf." He smirked.

unsplash

@Aedion