This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
DON'T KNOW WHAT I THOUGHT I'D BE BY NOW;
Open Halcyon Flats 
Korri
Currently championing: Reszo
Oh, my tongue's the only muscle in my body that works harder than my heart

Nothing was right.

Snow flurries eddied in the air around him as Korri took wing. Southeast from Halyven: toward the strange, shifting expanse of light before the water's edge. He expected it to be a quick flight: scout the area and head back home. Check for his raven. High visibility, low chance of failure. But the weather darkened the longer he flew, and his shadow moved quick and jagged over the shifting terrain below. As the wind picked up, his flight path deviated from its usual smooth pattern, and he found himself fighting to stay aloft.

Halyven should have been directly behind him. It was not. It was not ahead, either. Or to the left. Or the right. It was … nowhere. Just an endlessly flat horizon and ice cracking under his hooves when he scooped low, wing tips fanning the earth's surface. His shoulders ached. A gust of wind struck him broadside and he hit the ground. Immediately sank fetlock deep in the soft footing. "Oh!" Korri said aloud, startled. He hopped back, but the stuff was everywhere, half frozen and sucking. His wings flapped; mud flecked his feathers. For a brief instant, an insane certainty filled him and he knew he was about to die.

Then he stilled.

Breath heaved in his lungs, pluming pale in the cold air but snatched away quickly by the wind, lost in the growing abundance of snowflakes scattered throughout the air. Korri found the footing less treacherous if he stilled, so he decided to remain still, wings slowly folding against his sides as the wind tore at them. Frowning, he peered into the gale, but Halyven still refused to appear.

"This is your fault, you know!" He shouted irritably. He didn't quite dare to move.

unsplash

@Sansa

collect your tears, shoot 'em down
even giants hit the ground

Messages In This Thread
DON'T KNOW WHAT I THOUGHT I'D BE BY NOW; - by Korri - 06-26-2018, 03:20 AM