This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
sounds like hallelujah
Private Aurora Tundra 
Korri
Currently championing: Reszo
The lion isn't sacred when not sleeping near the lamb

The air shifted. Something changed between them. Something in what Korri said, though he didn't understand entirely why. But the wolf smiled, eyeteeth gleaming in the strange light, and Korri relaxed the posture of his wings. He did not quite fold them yet, but he allowed them to relax, hanging idle near his shoulders. His eyes traveled the wolf's shape curiously as it sank back onto its haunches.

"A pleasure to meet you, Aedion." Korri inclined his head slightly as he spoke. Then he did fold his wings, nestling them securely against his sides. "I wasn't aware children were ever born in this place. It seems a harsh environment to grow up in." Maybe this was hypocritical. Maybe Osslen had been harsh as well, ruled by ice and flame and tyranny. But Korri had known it from infancy. It had its rules. The Rift…. if it had rules, they were strange ones.

He met Aedion's gaze evenly as the wolf surveyed him, something curious in its mismatched eyes. A noticeable scar over the one eye — battle damage? Something else? Unsurprising in this place, but Korri suspected Aedion knew better than most how to take care of himself.

The wolf spoke again, of course.

It was a question Korri should have expected, but for a breath surprise blanked his features. He probably shouldn't have said that aloud, should he? Carried away by his own thoughts again. He hesitated, uttered an uncertain little laugh. "Well, maybe not a person, as such. Someone…" He was not about to dive down the rabbit hole of you remind me of my patron deity. It had been an utterly stupid thing to think, but he was so in love with the way stories made sense. He had almost wanted his life to make sense like that. For once.

"My people have a story," said Korri. His wings shifted as he struggled to word the answer, his light voice even but the words coming slow. "About a hero named Gárok who journeyed far across the frozen sea in search of something that was stolen from him. On his way back, he was lost in a storm, but he found the tracks of a great wolf and followed them. When he met the creature who had made them, he found it was enormous — larger than he. But it didn't eat him. It led him to safety, and then vanished." Here Korri paused, considering. "We call the wolf Myrkir," he added at last. His eyes shifted absently to the wing on his right side, the three black feathers there. Something inscrutable in his gaze. "It's a good story," he added, his voice soft. "My mother liked to tell it."

Maybe remembering himself, then, remembering where he was, he smiled a bit wryly and lifted his gaze. "I've yet to meet many others here who seem well-suited to the cold. Do you have a pack, Aedion?"

It is evil when it eats unless it's feeding from the damned.
unsplash

@Aedion

collect your tears, shoot 'em down
even giants hit the ground

Messages In This Thread
sounds like hallelujah - by Aedion - 06-17-2018, 06:26 AM
RE: sounds like hallelujah - by Korri - 06-18-2018, 03:25 AM
RE: sounds like hallelujah - by Aedion - 06-20-2018, 07:33 AM
RE: sounds like hallelujah - by Korri - 06-23-2018, 12:26 AM
RE: sounds like hallelujah - by Aedion - 06-24-2018, 06:42 AM
RE: sounds like hallelujah - by Korri - 06-26-2018, 03:03 AM
RE: sounds like hallelujah - by Aedion - 06-27-2018, 07:31 AM