This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting]
Open Kingdom of Halyven 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
K I A D A
i wish that i could say i am a light that never goes out —
Hurry, Kia.” The reprimand came from Khairi, his guttural voice cutting across her mind as she swiftly attempted to organize her things. She had accumulated so much since arriving in the Rift, it was a wonder she was able to pack it all. Through the grape vine, she had heard there was a meeting today, but there was a young part of her that thought there would be more time. Instead, it was happening now and she was somewhat far from the stronghold they had decided on, and it was only Khairi who had notified her of those that had entered already. Attempting to finish placing the armor in one section and weapons in the other, she huffed quietly to herself while Khairi remained perched on a wall, glaring down at her like a father disapproving of his daughter.

You’re as bad as Jambo.” She accused him, lifting her dark head with sharp glacial eyes – but she realized he was right. She needed to make an appearance, to find out what they had decided while everything was still forming. So she left everything in her little spot, grumbling to herself about where they’d be better placed as she picked up the little makeshift bag Vynter had reinforced awhile back, slinging it over her neck to rest along her withers. Khairi swooped down to stand along her withers to hold it in place for the time being while Kiada gathered some of her strength and left her room at a brisk pace to try and make it on time. Her muscles shifted with the movement, feeling worn from traveling and overall exhaustion of Freeze and the amount her body needed to remain warm.

At least she had her fire. It made Freeze somewhat bearable. As she made her way to the stronghold, she found that it wasn’t quite as long of a trip as she originally had thought, and she wasn’t nearly as late as anticipated. She had appeared just as Rixen began speaking, making her way through the ivory building. Dipping her head and offering an apologetic smile for her tardiness to Roscorro and Rixen, she spotted Korri and her mood infinitely lightened. Coming up beside him, she dipped her head to the smaller pegasus with a roguish grin. “Hope I didn’t miss much.” She murmured to him quietly before lifting her head to watch and listen to Rixen.

There was something about the way Rixen spoke that Kiada admired, and she found that she enjoyed the fact he was a Crown of the land since it gave her more of an excuse to simply look and admire him without it being strange. A welcome relief for an awkward girl who couldn’t decide what she wanted and was too afraid to ask what he wanted too. Her ears craned forward as he continued to speak, letting everyone know of the task of fortifying the walls and of healing. While Kiada had some experience healing – the proof was Korri standing beside her – she found that she’d be more interested in the fortifying, and perhaps even the greenhouse she had mentioned previously.

When Rixen had finished speaking, allowing time for those around to speak up, she lifted her head a bit higher and looked to Roscorro first, then Rixen and allowing her eyes to linger on him a bit longer before her announcement. “I would like to help with the fortifications.” She offered, her voice carried through the room fairly easily while Khairi crooned his own scratchy guttural sound in agreement. Then, she stood down a bit to see who else would offer their help or ideas on positions.

"Talk."

— but I   f l i c k e r   from time to time.

x

Mentions @Korri @Roscorro @Rixen :D

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)

Messages In This Thread
Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Roscorro - 06-02-2018, 09:11 PM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Korri - 06-02-2018, 09:45 PM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Rixen - 06-03-2018, 04:44 AM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Kiada - 06-04-2018, 11:22 PM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Eira - 06-06-2018, 12:12 AM