This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
you look like yourself
Open Halyven  Korri's joining post!
Korri
Currently championing: Reszo
Oh, my tongue's the only muscle in my body that works harder than my heart

Korri listened with all his remaining attention to Kiada's explanation. Her mother's home? Important information, he thought, his gaze shifting from her face and back to the magnificent ruins. Steals other lands.... Surely it could not have taken Osslen? The Goddess had drowned their kingdom in the sea..... No, his home could not be here. He couldn't bear the thought. So he dismissed it. "It must be comforting to have it here," Korri murmured, but then Kiada's attention shifted skyward, and his shifted, too, instinctively.

Her great bird had returned. Korri blinked away from it, resentful of the gnawing anger in his gut, jealousy such an unsightly emotion and yet one so easily roused. He watched instead the approach of the two strangers. Both were massive, one towering over even Kiada, the other nearly of a height with her. All three dwarfing Korri easily. Had he a weaker heart, he may have been intimidated, but cowardice had never been among his many flaws. Far from it.

Gathering himself, he stepped forward, his head up, expression attentive if perhaps a bit glazed by exhaustion. He would not meet the strangers meekly, giant or no. Pleasantries exchanged. Nothing unexpected. The giant stallion spoke first, his voice the rumbling of distant thunder. Roscorro. Massive, but apparently gentle. Or at least — not hostile. Korri's eyes traveled with some interest over the scaled forelimbs, the massive wings. Roscorro the Dragonheart was the only one aside from Korri himself with any wings, at all. And yet odd in a different way.... Korri nodded, then blinked at the next fellow, blue and white and antlered, to receive his name. Rixen. The Vine King; an interesting title. Rixen had a pleasant voice, the sort one might expect in the highest of social circles. An aura of.... peace, perhaps, radiating through all three of them.

And maybe it made sense, in a strange way. Disparate as they were.... What had they to hold them together but good will? Korri felt his thoughts wandering. Breathed in to steady himself. "I'm Korri," he replied, injecting the statement with as much good cheer as he could currently summon up.  And just in case — "Gulltórsson — ah — son of Gulltór and Hvita." He fumbled a bit, wondering if they would understand his kingdom's handling of names and deciding to give his lineage literally just in case. They would not know the king's name here, anyway. It was, of course, no more than a safeguard — that he not begin his acquaintance with these strangers as anything other than a son of somebody. "I've....come a long way," he added, and his wings shifted slightly against his sides. The deep twinge of exhausted muscles protested even that. Korri winced.

He was silent as Kiada spoke, though he nodded gratefully at her request. Then he returned his attention to the men. "When I was.... When I arrived here, I was separated from my raven. Her name is Auga; I don't suppose you've seen her?" How would they know? "She only has one eye." But it seemed a slim hope, so he continued; the growing list of obligations he accumulated weighed around his neck like a choking collar. "I would be happy to repay you in whatever manner you see fit if you might allow me to rest here. My journey was not an easy one." I was free, he thought, a little bitterly.

unsplash

@Roscorro :)

collect your tears, shoot 'em down
even giants hit the ground

Messages In This Thread
you look like yourself - by Kiada - 06-01-2018, 04:50 AM
RE: you look like yourself - by Korri - 06-01-2018, 03:30 PM
RE: you look like yourself - by Roscorro - 06-01-2018, 08:13 PM
RE: you look like yourself - by Rixen - 06-01-2018, 09:30 PM
RE: you look like yourself - by Kiada - 06-02-2018, 02:15 AM
RE: you look like yourself - by Korri - 06-02-2018, 05:34 AM
RE: you look like yourself - by Roscorro - 06-02-2018, 07:46 PM