This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
body ache
Open Siren's Summit 
Waker
Currently championing:
WAKER
You're lost in a borderland, somewhere between here and home; your mind is a mess of loose ends and broken bits desperately trying to fit together in ways they were never meant to. It doesn't matter how much you want to rest, what a relief it would be for Kisamoa to show up and say 'look Waker, there's no way back'—family is family. You can't just stop loving your Mama, or wondering about her, how she's doing, if she's still alive. You can't just forget about your friends, and how they all went to war when they had to. Some of them you've already seen dead and cold and empty, skin split, flesh burnt, sweat and blood dried upon their dull coats. The rest are in that place with your Mama, that place where you can tell yourself they're possibly still alive.

While their death would be terrible beyond words, it is not something you can comprehend, or even know, so what eats at you is their possible judgment. Waker, the one sent to offer relief. Waker, the one who didn't make it there. What if you would've been able to make a difference?

It's the same old hang-up, and always without an answer. Your pale eyes travel the horizon laid out below you, when suddenly—

Movement pulls your eyes to the sky, and for a moment, you're not understanding what you're seeing. Then it dawns on you—something is falling, much like you did when coming into the Rift, but this isn't the Portal..? You feel your flesh push against your skin, trying to shape your body into a question mark to match the one your brain has turned into. What the..?

But before your body breaks into a shape it wasn't meant to have, the falling blob resolves into the shape of Dragon Man, who touches down like thunder and runs off the excess speed. You just stare at him, mystified and slightly disturbed. It wasn't like he was close to hitting you, but you saw him plummet, and you know that you couldn't do anything but pick up the pieces afterwards if he hadn't resolved it on his own.

You're glad he fixed it on his own, or he would've been another guilt to hang heavy on your shoulders.

You don't say anything, because you cannot find the words to put to what you just saw. You're tempted to ask him if he's alright, but he seems to be; he moves, he breathes, and though he shows signs of exertion, it's not the fast, shallow breathing of one in immense pain. You come to the conclusion that you may as well wait for him to remember what's up and what's down and the fact that you're standing there and peering at him with a mixture of concern and curiosity.

Finally, the gigantic creature turns his attention to you, and to your great surprise, he speaks. "Well that was embarrassing," the massive equine says, his voice deep but pleasant, his awkward smile endearing. You remember your manners and pick your jaw up off the floor, blink, and flip your ears politely forward. You nod a little. You'd probably be embarrassed if you nearly fell on someone, too.

"That it has," you agree, something in your eyes still kind of blank, as if you haven't gotten over the shock of figuring out that Dragon Man can speak. "I'm alright." Dragon Man now stood very close to you, and you crane your head back a little to look up at him. You feel very small, and considering his many sharp bits, you'd have been wary if you hadn't already met him. As it is, you recall many seeming to know him and none fearing him, and besides, his eyes aren't the eyes of a predator. They're much too warm and kind.

"Roscorro," you echo, trying the name out. It fits him. "I'm Waker. I didn't think any of it—I mean, I just thought you were mute."

But that's about as far as you make it, and maybe it's a blessing that a potential ramble is being cut off, because the gray stallion from Halyven bursts onto the scene. He looks a bit startled at finding the two of you, which causes an amused smile to form on your lips. It feels like it's been a long time since you've done that—smiled.

"Hi," you answer, brightly. "I'm Waker." You think his name was R something. You've usually got a good enough memory, but there were many names that day, and your mind has, it seems, been more busy with tormenting you than being useful. "I'm sorry, I forgot your name..?"

I don't mind in the slightest <33 Also lmao we've got one character written in 1st person, one in 2nd, and one in 3rd xD

Messages In This Thread
body ache - by Waker - 02-18-2018, 02:21 PM
RE: body ache - by Roscorro - 02-18-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: body ache - by Rixen - 02-20-2018, 05:28 AM
RE: body ache - by Waker - 02-23-2018, 04:19 PM
RE: body ache - by Roscorro - 03-11-2018, 09:55 PM
RE: body ache - by Rixen - 03-17-2018, 11:27 PM
RE: body ache - by Waker - 04-17-2018, 09:56 AM