This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Like a river
RP Wanted The Portal 
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO
you and atlas are one and the same, my dear

She perked up at the mention of Gwyn's name. At her words the stallion cocked his head, his chin jutting forward as it rested upon the log in a thoughtful manner. "What is your father's name?" he asked. He knew Gwyn's father's name, though not her mothers. If this girl was related to his little charge, then perhaps he could reunite her with her long lost mother and sister. Surely they were also worried sick about her, it sounded as if Rowan's mother was. It saddened him to think that he would lose his little friend, but he would be overjoyed to final reunite her with her true family.

His head returned to its normal position atop the log as Rowan told her story. "Gwyn is also from Helovia, as well as some of my other friends." he said. "It sounded like a neat place, though I am from another world." A world where he only knew dark, damp caves. Though like Rowan he had been told stories about the world above, though he had never been able to truly picture it until now. Now that he saw the sky, the grass, the trees. Everything. But it would never be like seeing the real thing. A part of him longed to fly through the skies of his homeland. But that was never meant to be. The Rift was his home now.

His massive head lifted as he felt a familiar presence, the same presence that always interfered with the new to the land. But Rowan had been born here. Did it effect its own residence the same way as well? Or did it afflict Rowan because it knew that she was not a true native to its soil? So much was still unknown about the rift presence, and the land in general. He truly wished it would converse with them. Fore then maybe they could understand it better. Understand what it needed and why it did what it did. But the presence remained ever silent as it came and went. Seeming to respond to the sudden chill Rosco's ball of hope leaped forward. It split in two as quickly as it appeared, sharing itself with the girl as it sought to wash her with warmth and hope.

"That was the rift." He explained, knowing what she had been referring to second ago. "It tends to mess with those who enter these woods. Changing their magic, or stealing it entirely. Someone I met even had his hooves changed so they let out this strange squeak every time he took a step." He chuckled at the memory. "Do you feel any different?" He asked on a serious note. "Did it change your magic, or you? If it did it can be undone."

He stood with a heavy sigh, wings shifting and shuffling. "Let us be off then." He replied when she asked to leave. "I know of a place where a lot of horses meet. We can start there and see if anyone has seen your mother and enlist their help if they haven't. The more eyes searching, the better." Before she stood, whenever, he reached down to her knees. A warmth radiated from him, spreading to her injures and absorbing them. "There, that should feel better to walk on." Weariness entered his bones upon healing her, but he did not let it show. When she was ready, he would lead the way to the fallen city.

"Talk."

cursed to hold a weight you can't bear and still standing
not because you can — but because you have to

img

@Rowan

Rowan has received a piece of hope!
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 

Messages In This Thread
Like a river - by Rowan - 01-29-2018, 10:37 PM
RE: Like a river - by Roscorro - 01-29-2018, 11:23 PM
RE: Like a river - by Rowan - 01-30-2018, 12:00 AM
RE: Like a river - by Roscorro - 01-30-2018, 01:26 AM
RE: Like a river - by Rowan - 01-30-2018, 02:59 AM
RE: Like a river - by Roscorro - 01-30-2018, 05:48 AM
RE: Like a river - by Rift Presence - 02-02-2018, 07:38 AM
RE: Like a river - by Rowan - 02-13-2018, 10:57 PM
RE: Like a river - by Roscorro - 02-19-2018, 02:35 AM