This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Re-exploration Perhaps
Open Halyven 
Waker
Currently championing:
WAKER
The high of flying has left you feeling subdued, like you've been abruptly pulled from your dreams—shaken awake without an adrenaline spike, just a kind of fogginess to cloud your brain. You're not sure what it is, but you suddenly feel very intimidated by her. She seemed so confident at the meeting, like someone who had experienced much and seen more, someone who had been through a lot. She'd spoken of herds and gods and spoken so firmly. You swallow, but draw near anyway, pausing at few steps away. In your mind, she's a giant; in reality, she's about your height.

"Yes," you respond when she asks about your name. Despite the fact that your heart has picked up its pace, your voice is even; quiet-like, gentle, as it tends to be when you're not being a mischievous fiend (or an angry nightmare). "And you're Aurelia." It isn't a question, because you know precious few names here, so the ones that you do know are branded into your memory. Otem, Aurelia, Rixen, Taivas, Raein, Kiada—that was about it, really.

So few, compared to the vastness of this realm.

You try to not think about that.

And fortunately, Aurelia rescues you with a question. "What do you think of Halyven? Tell me honestly." It is direct, it is sudden, and you feel a small frown thread its way over your face. No how are you doing? or have you learned anything since the meeting?, just hey, what do you think of this place? You draw a deep breath, feeling like it's somehow important to give a good answer, and that's why you're frowning.

Still frowning slightly, you turn your dark heard to survey the lane you're standing in. Crumbled stone, still strangely bright and white and silver. Architecture the likes you'd never dreamed of, or seen the need of. Toppled spires, broken walls, and the one, whole tower looming high above. Your eyes trail it towards the sky with its cruel sun.

"It's unlike anything I ever saw back home, so foreign I never even dreamed of anything like it," you say after a moment, and if you sound a little hesitant, it's only because you're not sure how much of a detailed answer she wants. That, and the fact that thinking about home still hurts. "I think.. it's probably a bit broken, a little of a mess, but I like it. It's great for flying." The last said with a small, cheeky grin. It's entirely possible she saw you dart around corners and climb around the spires before you spotted her, and aside from the sheer pleasure of flexing yourself in flight, it's begun to feel like something sort of forbidden to do. Reckless, and all. "Why? What do you think?" you follow your answer up with, fixing your gaze on her. Your turn.

Messages In This Thread
Re-exploration Perhaps - by Aurelia - 01-02-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Re-exploration Perhaps - by Waker - 01-07-2018, 04:05 PM
RE: Re-exploration Perhaps - by Aurelia - 01-12-2018, 05:33 AM
RE: Re-exploration Perhaps - by Waker - 01-22-2018, 11:11 AM