This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
» The Tree of Light
Open Uwaritace 
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

Otem was insanely pleased with the glowing orb that was now following her around. Not only did it fill her with a sense of purpose, but in this dark world it was nice to have a bit of light constantly. And that wasn't metaphorical; even though it was Scorch, there were still plenty of places around the Rift that seemed saturated with shadows and darkness.

But apparently this place wasn't one of them.

Hearing the Matron's call (and thinking that if it was Kisamoa, that he certainly sounded sick), Otem dutifully trekked forward. Although she was not especially fond of group gatherings, neither was she fond of being out of the loop. As the girl entered into the slightly-chilly winter wonderland, her eyes widened in amazement. Halting, wings tucked around her to protect against the slight nip in the air, for a moment all Otem could do was look around.  A few others had already gathered, but none that she knew. That wasn't so surprising, not anymore, although Otem did wish that just for once she could see a friendly face.

The tall woman-child watched as the others moved forward towards the Matron and presented small offerings. Nibbling her lip, Otem wondered if she should even be here. But then ... they had all been called, hadn't they? So how did the others know to bring gifts? Anxiety and uncertainty welled up within Otem like helium, lifting her awkwardness up until it burst from her lips in an extended exhale.

On her back, Pandora suddenly hooted loudly and spread her wings. Silently she beat them, golden eyes wide. >>You hear me now too?<< The owl asked her bonded as the sickness that had plagued her mind since coming through the portal slowly began to dissipate. With eyes adorably wide and sincere, Otem craned her neck around as far as she could to look at her owlet with dawning realization. "I can!" The girl exclaimed out loud, forgetting in her excitement that this communication could be done silently as well. With a wide grin Otem looked around, words of joy on her lips. 

But ... 

Where were all the other companions?

Looking around, Otem seemed to be the only one bonded to another soul. Swallowing down the scream of happiness that had lodged itself in her throat, Otem allowed herself a moment to silently vibrate happily at this new realization. What now? Otem whispered into the mind of the young owlet. Pandora nipped gently at the chain around Otem's neck. "But that's all I have of Isopia.." Otem whispered to the owl in a small and pitiful sounding voice. >>Not really Isopia.<< Pandora countered. To this Otem did not have an adequate reply, only her selfish desire to hold onto the item given to her, even if it wasn't actually the real voice of her mother. 

"Fiiiiiiiiie" Otem agreed finally, lowering her neck so that the necklace could fall down onto the ground. Pandora swooped low and grabbed it in her talons, and the pair made their way towards the Matron.

"Thank you for all of this." Otem mumbled uncertainly. The others hadn't really spoken out loud, but instead seemed to be offering silent prayers. Could the Matron read their thoughts? Should Otem use her telepathic magic, or was that over-doing it? Uncertain as always, Otem swallowed and dropped her eyes, as well as the necklace, at the feet of the Matron. Thank you for fixing whatever happened to the companions. That's more than I could have ever asked for. I uhm..I pray that we can use our healing light to help fix this place ... and that if there's anything else we should be doing that Kisamoa would tell us. And if he doesn't know what we should do, that he figures it out. I mean ... unless we aren't supposed to know, in which case...I guess we'll just keep trying ... Otem's telepathic prayer became a winding stream of her current thoughts. She only cut off her rambling when Pandora hooted at her hooves. So I guess that's all...unless... if Kisamoa could ever bring our families back? But.. This time Otem didn't need Pandora to tell her to shut-up. She realized it on her own and let out a little sigh. Never mind. I know that they're gone...sorry for asking.

Otem cleared her throat as she cut off her mental telepathy and took a few hasty steps backwards. Otem was surprised at how sad she suddenly felt, and was immensely glad she'd used her telepathy to offer her prayer, instead of saying the words outloud. How embarrassing would that have been? 

The autumn-girl offered a small apologetic smile and moved out of the way. 

otem
Image Credits

This is so adorable!!! ty ty ty ty!!

Present ideas for Otem
- small glass bottles for her potions?
- Little charms to go in her mane (since they're part of her design but I never acquired them anywhere yet ooops

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.

Messages In This Thread
» The Tree of Light - by Rift Presence - 12-19-2017, 08:31 PM
RE: » The Tree of Light - by Roscorro - 12-20-2017, 12:49 AM
RE: » The Tree of Light - by K'yarie - 12-20-2017, 01:15 AM
RE: » The Tree of Light - by Ruwin - 12-20-2017, 01:31 AM
RE: » The Tree of Light - by Otem - 12-20-2017, 09:07 PM
RE: » The Tree of Light - by Calypso - 12-21-2017, 05:52 AM
RE: » The Tree of Light - by Kiada - 12-22-2017, 06:31 AM
RE: » The Tree of Light - by Waker - 12-22-2017, 10:19 AM
RE: » The Tree of Light - by Gwyn - 12-22-2017, 03:42 PM
RE: » The Tree of Light - by Rikyn - 12-22-2017, 04:10 PM
RE: » The Tree of Light - by Aurelia - 12-23-2017, 11:12 PM