This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
a home away
Open Halyven 
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
angel, wrestle me
crack my sides to let me see

He listened to Kaida as she told about her land and her life. His heart naturally went out to her as he learned of her loss and pain. So Helovia had been destroyed. Her entire life had gone up in flames around her and now she was here in this forsaken land trying to eke out a life among its darkness. He wondered how Taivas would take it, learning that the land she sought was gone. He was not even sure he would ever meet the kind Pegasus again. If he did he was not sure he would have the heart to tell her the terrible fate that had fallen over this land she had asked him about upon their first meeting. When Kaida spoke of the god of this land Roscorro tilted his head to one side in consideration. He had done so much evil, yet when he learned of how he had hurt her, he had tried to make amends by his small offering. This god sounded nothing like those who resided within his world. Then again, he never really trusted such powerful beings, they could be rather fickle creatures. He would not place his hopes in this creature that world this world, most likely he would be betrayed like Kaida had been if he did. Best not to go down that path.

Still, her hopes that this world held something better for them impressed the stallion. She was such a strong mare and it greatly impressed him that even now she held onto the belief that there was indeed something better for them out there. It made his heart sink further to know that he would be a dark blotch in that ray of hope. He was but a petty thief. A Con artist working his way into her life before ultimately betraying her. But how could he resist this driving force within him? She had been the only horse he had seen aside from Gwyn in such a long time. Would he have an opportunity to steal again if he left her? There was a sense of urgency that had been growing within him ever since the eyes had begun following him. If he did not do what they asked, something terrible was sure to happen to him. He could not pass up this chance. As his head rolled back to its normal position the light from Kaida's golden crown glittered in is grey pools. He had seen it earlier, though his gaze had been distracted by the necklace she wore around her throat. It would be a far easier target then the pendant. His soul felt dirty for thinking such thoughts.

Naturally, as he knew it would, the conversation turned to him and his world. He lifted his head to gaze at the sky thoughtfully. She had answered his question honestly, without withholding her own painful past. It was only right that he return the favor. "I only know what I was told by my guards and care takers." He started, his voice ponderous. "They spoke of green, rolling hills, vast mountains, and deep lush forests. It is a beautiful land in which my kingdom resides. All I knew were the dark, cold tunnels underneath the castle. It was all my parents would allow me to see. I was not allowed to gaze upon our land's beauty, even when they exiled me to this land." He paused, letting the memories embrace him. "The gods in our world created us to be beautiful. And my people are. My parents, the most elegant of them all, ruled my homeland of Reon. In their pride they taunted the gods and for that I was born, different. In my home, I am a monster. Cursed by the blood of a dragon my father slew with his knights. He did this in order to gain immortality from its blood and rid the world of its ugliness. A petty, selfish desire." To this his gaze dropped to his front feet as his cruel talons scrapped against stone. His hairy, serpentine tail swished back and forth as he walked.

"They could not kill me, the gods prevented that. Nor could anyone they hired to do so. I could not even kill myself when they ordered it of me... That was why I was imprisoned within the tunnels, to hide away their shame until they found a way to be rid of me. The Rift provided that way. But not before they found ways to take their revenge out on me, for being born, cursed..." He trailed off as the darkness within his past threatened to consume him. Clearing his throat he shook the thoughts from his mind. "But that matters little. It is in the past. Like you, I believe this land holds more for us. And I hope to one day be proud to call it my home." His upbeat tone returned and the slight spring in his step was restored. He would not let the bleakness within his former life consume him. Not all of it was bad and he chose to hang onto the sparks of light that had shone within it. But he could not keep one thought from entering his mind. One thought that threatened to break his heart. What would those who cared for him think if they knew what he was about to do? That was an answer he could not answer for risk of turning back. And felt that doing so would be a grave mistake.

"You said you thought you knew of this place." He went in, hoping to change the subject. "Was it apart of Helovia?"

TALK HERE"
that if the end will set me free
or send me down below
Roscarro
image credit to jonathon_brandt at flickr

@Kaida
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 

Messages In This Thread
a home away - by Kiada - 10-31-2017, 05:39 AM
RE: a home away - by Roscorro - 11-05-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: a home away - by Kiada - 11-06-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: a home away - by Roscorro - 11-06-2017, 10:53 PM
RE: a home away - by Kiada - 11-07-2017, 10:03 PM
RE: a home away - by Roscorro - 11-08-2017, 02:31 AM
RE: a home away - by Kiada - 11-08-2017, 04:20 AM
RE: a home away - by Roscorro - 11-08-2017, 11:48 PM
RE: a home away - by Kiada - 11-09-2017, 05:21 AM
RE: a home away - by Roscorro - 11-10-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: a home away - by Kiada - 11-11-2017, 06:03 AM