This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
The view from down here
Open Floating Key 
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

there are no markings on her country roads
no signs that show the way back home

As the boy mentions that he is from the Dragon's Throat as well, Otem feels the desire to shrink away into a cloud of smoke that will take her far away. She feels both embarrassed and rude for having not immediately recognized him as a member of her herd. Well, her old herd (although were they still herd-mates, even in this place? Would the Dragon's Throat survive it's relocation in space and time?).

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bring it up...It's almost like I keep forgetting it happened, as strange as that sounds. My mom died too ... but sometimes I still look around for her, like she is still going to be there when I turn around..."

For a moment she fumbles, searching for something to say. Although Otem's grief feels monumental, the boy says that he has lost his entire family. It's like she can't even comprehend that ... she couldn't feel any worse, but surely she would if she had lost more than just her mother? Even so, that idea seems impossible. She swallows hard, searching for something to say, but the boy fills the silence, and Otem feels a surge of love for him in that moment.

He directs her gaze towards a grouping of leaves that suddenly catch fire. If he hadn't warned her, she would have sprang away from the sudden blaze, but because she assumes this is the thing that is interesting and under his control, she instead stares intently. A smile spreads across her face as she nods in agreement, and then nods a second time to his later question. "Whoa. And yeah I can .. It isn't so interesting as that though-" Otem concentrates, and the area around the scorched remnants of the leaves suddenly bloom with life - plants spring up more quickly than nature would normally have allowed, and the greenery suddenly blossoms with brightly coloured blooms. "And then if you drink the nectar inside...it makes you see things." She concludes humbly, shrugging her narrow shoulders. Otem doesn't mention her ability to create earth sprites, for if she did, it might seem like she was showing off. Especially if this boy only had one magic.

"Fire is really neat. All my magic is earth-related." She says with another nonchalant shrug.

"So...do you think the herd will reform? Are there even herds here? Everyone just seems to be wandering around.."

Image credits

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.

Messages In This Thread
The view from down here - by Otem - 07-26-2017, 04:08 PM
RE: The view from down here - by Kyros - 08-03-2017, 08:18 AM
RE: The view from down here - by Otem - 08-03-2017, 03:17 PM
RE: The view from down here - by Kyros - 08-04-2017, 09:33 AM
RE: The view from down here - by Otem - 08-06-2017, 12:58 AM
RE: The view from down here - by Kyros - 08-18-2017, 08:14 AM
RE: The view from down here - by Otem - 08-27-2017, 04:31 PM