This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
raw
RP Wanted The Portal 
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

another mind, another soul, another body to grow old.
it's not complicated.

Otem's heartbeat slowed slightly as Amaris confirmed she was indeed Amaris. The sunlight and soil dappled girl was not extroverted by nature, no matter how clearly the face she presented to the world suggested that she was. Unlike Isopia, the Mountain's daughter did understand social norms and expectations and was happy to conform to them if only to hide the darkness she felt inside. Nevertheless, she would have felt awkward if she'd just ambled up to a complete stranger.

Otem's gaze followed Amaris' to the dragon coiled upon her spine. The golden beast didn't seem to be bothered by the glistening moisture seeping from the dragon mare's scales, but then again Otem knew little of dragons. Hubris and Babel had followed her around to keep an eye on her, but Otem had been interested in other things and had thought there was more time to learn of her draconic babysitters. "It will get better."  Otem offered reassuringly, as if it were her place to make the older mare feel at ease. "The same thing happened with Pandora and I", she continued knowledgeably, nodding her ram-horned head to where her tawny companion sat. "There were some whose companions abandoned them ... You're lucky the portal didn't take him from you."

Otem gulped down a surge of emotions as Amaris' attention was turned back upon her. No, she was not alright, but she wasn't going to talk about that now. Not with Amaris. Probably not with anyone. She was devastated that Isopia was gone, but her sorrows had filled her with what felt like a midnight ocean of cold water. It sloshed through her, numbing the parts of herself that used to feel joy and happiness and love. Now those things were merely displayed on her body by forcing her muscles to remember how to smile, laugh, and seem happy.  "Yep. Father's entire hoard made it through I think." Otem forced a chuckle, "Or at least the ones I know about anyways. It really is hard to keep track of them all. I don't know how he does it." The girl rambled with a shrug of her youthful shoulders.

"There aren't herds or anything here ... at least not that I've seen. It really isn't like home at all." Otem glanced over her shoulder her ears straining. Would the thing come back? If they stayed long enough would it decide that they didn't deserve the magics they had been left with, and would try to take more from them? Otem's magic hadn't been effected by her entrance here, but that didn't make her any less nervous about this place. "But we really shouldn't stay here. Bad things seem to happen.."

art by Chloe!

@Amaris

WOW. JUST BREAK MY HEART A BIT MORE WHY DON'T YOU

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.

Messages In This Thread
raw - by Amaris - 07-26-2017, 09:45 AM
RE: raw - by Rift Presence - 07-26-2017, 02:02 PM
RE: raw - by Otem - 07-26-2017, 02:52 PM
RE: raw - by Amaris - 07-28-2017, 09:47 AM
RE: raw - by Otem - 07-28-2017, 05:15 PM
RE: raw - by Amaris - 07-29-2017, 11:34 AM
RE: raw - by Otem - 07-31-2017, 03:03 PM
RE: raw - by Yael - 07-31-2017, 05:47 PM
RE: raw - by Amaris - 08-04-2017, 02:34 AM
RE: raw - by Otem - 08-04-2017, 03:18 AM