This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Crystal Children
Private Ultima 
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

there are no markings on her country roads
no signs that show the way back home

The name Maude says isn't particularly familiar, but not wanting to let her new friend down, Otem takes advantage of the commotion caused by the plant to let the question drop.

"I don't really want to go anywhere here." Otem mumbles in agreement, looking out. She could see what looked like an island in the distance, but so what? There would just be more of the same there - weird plants, maybe weird choking smoke...It didn't matter. Nothing about this place seemed hospitable or worth adventuring into. She, like Maude, just wanted to go home. Only ... her memories of home were fused with her memories of Isopia and Vulkán. She was rarely ever alone, but instead was always with one of them. They were her home - not any one place in particular.

As the elder girl started to cry, Otem felt like that was her permission to cry too. It wasn't as though she strictly needed permission, but being raised by a sociopath and a warrior, with an emotional-robot for a twin left certain insecurities in the filly when it came to displaying emotions. She felt pinpricks at the back of her eyes as crocodile tears welled up and Otem allowed herself to tumble into her own internal world of grief and hurt. "My - mom-" She sobbed, taking big dramatic breaths in between each word, "tried - to -" sob, sob, "save - us". Her ram-horned head shook. Us didn't just mean she and her family. She meant everyone. Maybe it was just the filly being selfish, but she wanted everyone to know that it had been her mom up there with the Gods. Her mom who had died to protect them. "-to - save - " Otem's wings flopped uselessly. She looked to where her plant had crumpled on the ground and suddenly opened her mouth and screamed for all she was worth.

As the sound left her lips an earth sprite appeared before them. It appeared made of wood and vines, spinning in circle with a vaguely elfish face. It opened its mouth to silently echo Otem's screams before crumbling to dust on the sands. "I don't even care that I can do that." Otem wailed, wings now slumped at her sides. "I just want my mom..."

Image credits

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.

Messages In This Thread
Crystal Children - by Maude - 07-14-2017, 03:18 PM
RE: Crystal Children - by Otem - 07-14-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: Crystal Children - by Maude - 07-14-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: Crystal Children - by Otem - 07-14-2017, 03:57 PM
RE: Crystal Children - by Maude - 07-14-2017, 04:53 PM
RE: Crystal Children - by Otem - 07-14-2017, 05:02 PM
RE: Crystal Children - by Maude - 07-14-2017, 05:52 PM
RE: Crystal Children - by Otem - 07-14-2017, 06:04 PM
RE: Crystal Children - by Maude - 07-14-2017, 06:37 PM
RE: Crystal Children - by Otem - 07-14-2017, 06:55 PM
RE: Crystal Children - by Maude - 07-18-2017, 02:48 PM