This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I've dragged these bones across the floor
Open Blood Falls 
Korri
Currently championing: Reszo
You could still be what you want to —
(what you said you were when I met you)

Night fell like a bruise. Korri lingered in the north, daydreaming maybe about his childhood home. About the part of his soul he had left behind. He ruminated, too, on what Miin had told him. Indecision shuddered through him: an ugly crack in his resolve. Perhaps he knew nothing, after all. Perhaps every decision he had made had been a mistake.

It would make sense.

He began somewhere up in the mountains, but he threaded his way down, now. The distant roar of the blood falls caught his ears, and his hooves turned vaguely in that direction even if they had little reason to do so. Perhaps Miin would be there. Korri found he was fond of her, for some reason. She wasn't evil — just damaged. Perhaps he could relate. Perhaps — all of this — was just a haphazard attempt to hold the shards of himself together. Point them all in the same direction, and they resembled a whole being.

He moved slowly, his eyes following ice crystals as they drifted in the wind. The cold hardly bothered him. His body expected savage temperatures and adjusted accordingly; his thick winter coat warded off the worst of the chill, and his wings hung loosely at his sides. As he descended, he was thinking: thinking about the past. About the future. About black wolves prowling mountainous paths.

So he was maybe not paying as much attention as he should. He was maybe a little distracted when he first caught sight of the stranger around a bend in the path. White — the clear color of ice. White and black, glittering just so in the moonlight. Korri paused, and the word left his mouth in a breath, a murmur, not quite meant to be overheard but loud enough, maybe, if the stranger had keen ears. "Frikki...?" No; no. The stranger was too big(towering). No wings. Just the straight length of an icy horn. The only wings — the only wings belonged to the owl upon the stranger's back.

Korri blinked. Maybe something wretched crossed his features briefly, but he swallowed it. Swallowed it all down and managed a soft, bitter laugh at himself. "Hello," he called more loudly. He noticed, now, behind the stranger: another horse. A lick of flame against the snow. Vaguely, he recognized her, but failed to place her name. "I didn't realize this was such a popular spot," Korri said. "Am I interrupting?"

Korri
texture

collect your tears, shoot 'em down
even giants hit the ground

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've dragged these bones across the floor - by Korri - 08-03-2018, 08:25 PM