This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Things We Left Behind
Open Green Labyrinth 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
K I A D A
your battle-worn tongue doesn't say the truth anymore.
that you are ruined  —
They were like ghosts, as Korri’s voice seemed to resonate from nothing but mist and shadow. But she continued to search, hoping the two would coincide and she could glean some strange shadow in the mist as her smaller friend. Soon enough, the two were face to face, both golden and honey hued, the only spark of color in this barren dark place. She offered him a bob of her head as a smile graced her pink splotched lips, happy to see him. Though she glanced around briefly looking to see if she could find his companion in the shadows, unless of course he hadn’t found her yet. She refrained from asking, from bringing up that pain if he wasn’t concerned about it for the time being.

Instead, he offered up the information easily and her dark ears flicked toward him as she stepped a bit closer toward him in an effort to ward off the shadows. The flames along her back wafting up to provide some heat and prevent the darkness from spreading ever closer. They crackled quietly while Kiada glanced around as he, too, looked for his companion. So Kiada nodded, a solemn sort of smile crossing her features as she regarded her friend. “Khairi is exploring too, I’ll have him keep an eye out.” She offered him kindly, returning her dark inky head to face him.

Then, as he asked her if she came here often, she offered a subtle nod. She lifted her head then, her dark mane sliding across her golden neck as her white forelock shifted over her striped face. “It’s… Nostalgic for me.” She began, shifting her weight to settle in for a story, offering Korri a smile as if to say she’d be willing to explain it all if he wanted to listen. “I wasn’t yet born when the Helovian gods ripped lands from the Rift into Helovia. But this was one of them. When my twin and I were young, not even six months old, we explored these lands in Helovia. It’s where I found Khairi.” She offered, her voice growing perhaps a smidge hoarser as she spoke of her brother. But she shook her head to try and prevent the memories from sticking too hard. “It was golden and beautiful, a wonderful maze. Not full of horrors and darkness like it is now. But I still try to come to see if I can help it.” She offered quietly, turning to Korri once again and letting her soft glacial eyes land on him once more with a slight shrug.

"Talk."

and you wonder why he lets you — the butcher
touch him — the sun

x

@Korri <3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)

Messages In This Thread
Things We Left Behind - by Korri - 07-20-2018, 08:14 PM
RE: Things We Left Behind - by Kiada - 08-15-2018, 08:34 PM