This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
splish splash, unintentional bath
Open Mangrove Tidepools 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
K I A D A
i wish that i could say i am a light that never goes out —
She had travelled from home, from her herd in Halyven, for a reason she couldn’t quite name. Both Khairi and her felt drawn by some strange force of will to simply stretch their legs, reminiscing in their not so far away past of being vagabonds, hidden away and spread across the lands. She remembered this place, however, as they neared. Kiada, swift on her large feet, drifting through as though she were flying like Khairi above – a crowing of excitement escaping his lips with their joyous sprint. This place, yes it was joyous and wonderful.

This was where she met Rixen.

This was where she had first spoken to him, where he had shared his curiosities with her and she had invited him to the Green Labyrinth with her. This was the place that had spurred that terrifying ache in her chest whenever she was near him – that hollow remembrance of his soft velveteen blue pelt against her own bronze ones in the haze of the moonlight. It was special to her, the Tidepools. For all it had shown her and given her, for her first meeting with the man she somehow couldn’t stop thinking of, and for the Mangroves she had sung in her aching voice to relax when they had nearly killed one another.

Perhaps that is why she came, to check on them and make sure they were still safe – to see if Hope’s light had crested across them to make sure they refrained from strangling their brothers. Though as they neared, a strange sound echoed through the wind – something old, something Kiada knew but for a moment couldn’t place. It was feminine, beautiful if not an awkward shout, but Kiada couldn’t place immediately who might bear that voice that spoke her language. Certainly not her mother, she’d know her mother’s voice anywhere. Definitely not Kianzo or her father. With that, her heart sunk slightly and sorrowfully, but hope began to drown it out as she picked up her pace and rushed toward the sound. She raced and raced, her heart pounding in her chest and her mane and tail flying behind her, flecked by the wind and knotting ever so slightly like the trees that thrived here.

And that’s when she saw her, and Khairi’s guttural croon of relief crested the open air. At first, a spotted body and a strange looking creature in the water. She paused in her hurriedness, unable to truly believe the person that stood before her. Had she been here the entire time? Why hadn’t Kiada even searched for her, had she known and not been so torn up after the entry through the Portal? “Katua? Je, ni kweli?” She nearly cried out, her throat tightening as she stared at her sister.

"Talk."

Je, ni kweli? - Is it really you?

— but I   f l i c k e r   from time to time.

x

@Katua have a novel im sorry <3 xD

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)

Messages In This Thread
splish splash, unintentional bath - by Katua - 06-18-2018, 03:53 AM
RE: splish splash, unintentional bath - by Kiada - 06-19-2018, 06:40 AM
RE: splish splash, unintentional bath - by Katua - 06-19-2018, 04:26 PM
RE: splish splash, unintentional bath - by Kiada - 06-19-2018, 06:21 PM
RE: splish splash, unintentional bath - by Katua - 06-19-2018, 07:50 PM