This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Another cog in the murder machine
RP Wanted The Portal 
Korri
Currently championing: Reszo
The lion isn't sacred when not sleeping near the lamb

Something softened in Baal's face. Kind words given forth. Maybe a flicker of surprise crossed Korri's face. He felt one, anyway, though he quickly thrust it away. He couldn't be sure of any sincerity; he didn't know her well enough. And past experiences spoke poorly of most strangers. Still, Korri was vaguely optimistic. A bit curious despite the occasional haughtiness of her words. Or perhaps (just a little) because of it. What must it be like to be royalty? Proper royalty? And not someone's dirty secret? The familiar specter of jealousy a strangling vine around his heart.

His ears came up expectantly as she said his name. Steel in her voice — as if she had reached a decision. But he saw the pain of indecision lingering on her face. Korri didn't understand it, really. What was the harm in seeing what the only kingdom in the Rift held in store? If she decided to declare them enemies, even, she would at least go understanding something of their numbers and their culture. Korri didn't understand it, but he blinked at her politely nonetheless, a small smile twitching at the edges of his features.

"I don't think you'll regret it!" he chirped. Only then did he turn, tail flicking, shaking out his limbs. It occurred to him suddenly Baal lacked wings — they would have to walk. A longer return trip than expected, but not terribly long. Halyven lay relatively near the Portal.

"I'll tell you on the way," Korri called over his shoulder, and paused to ensure she followed. "As far as I know, Halyven is quite young — so far as kingdoms go. The leaders are Roscorro and Rixen, both fair men." Maybe she wouldn't notice the brief (so very brief) shadow flitting through Korri's eyes. A memory: Roscorro barreling down after him out of the sky, talons reaching. Korri shook his head. Fair. What did that mean where kings were concerned? "Under their leadership, there are scouts — like me — warriors, healers, crafters…. To be honest, there's a need for skilled practitioners in all disciplines. I'm certain you would be welcomed if you did decide to say. You seem like an intelligent woman." Korri glanced back at her again, his expression friendly. "Did you have a particular occupation in your past life?" he asked. And then, with a faint, sly smile, "Aside from waiting for some king to die?

It is evil when it eats unless it's feeding from the damned.
unsplash

ooc// I can start a thread for them in Halyven if you'd like :)

collect your tears, shoot 'em down
even giants hit the ground

Messages In This Thread
Another cog in the murder machine - by Baal - 06-14-2018, 02:00 AM
RE: Another cog in the murder machine - by Korri - 06-15-2018, 02:24 AM
RE: Another cog in the murder machine - by Baal - 06-15-2018, 04:23 PM
RE: Another cog in the murder machine - by Korri - 06-15-2018, 04:50 PM
RE: Another cog in the murder machine - by Baal - 06-15-2018, 05:42 PM
RE: Another cog in the murder machine - by Korri - 06-17-2018, 02:42 AM
RE: Another cog in the murder machine - by Baal - 06-18-2018, 12:33 AM
RE: Another cog in the murder machine - by Korri - 06-18-2018, 02:43 AM
RE: Another cog in the murder machine - by Baal - 06-18-2018, 03:58 AM