This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting]
Open Kingdom of Halyven 
Korri
Currently championing: Reszo
Oh, my tongue's the only muscle in my body that works harder than my heart

More filtered in: faces Korri didn't recognize, but studied intently. Young, many of them. He wondered if this meant anything. If it was proof of the savagery of this land, or of its strange appetites, or of nothing at all. He kept his expression neutral, no more than politely curious. Still waiting — waiting for some stain on the otherwise spotless first impression the Kingdom of Halyven had made on him. It did not come.

Korri's head jerked up as he spotted Kiada's entrance. A small swell of delight rose in him as she came to stand at his side. Though he barely knew her, it was good to see a friendly face. And apparently one that considered him friendly as well! He snorted softly at her, and answered in a wry voice: "Better late than never."

Then Rixen was speaking. Getting to the meat of things. Both Korri's ears pricked up to catch the words. He was silent for a moment, digesting them, as some of the others called out to offer their services. He could .... he could do this, couldn't he? Just decide who he was going to be here? Instinctively, he reached for Auga's opinion, but of course she wasn't there. Just the echoing blankness of his own mind. The worried echoes of his own thoughts. Who am I, anyway?

Korri shuffled his wings. Took a single step forward. "I would be honored to stay on as a messenger," he called out. "I think my wings are well-suited to the task." And I have no desire to kill for anyone ever again, he thought privately. Of course, if it were asked of him, he had the feeling he would comply. What else did he know? What else was he made for? Other than to obey? He wondered vaguely if he could become someone else. Something else.

Shuffling his wings once more, Korri fell silent and stepped back. Unease surged in his guts, but he couldn't find much logical fault with his decision. He could stay here and serve them. If the worst happened... he could leave. He would be all right.

unsplash

collect your tears, shoot 'em down
even giants hit the ground

Messages In This Thread
Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Roscorro - 06-02-2018, 09:11 PM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Korri - 06-02-2018, 09:45 PM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Rixen - 06-03-2018, 04:44 AM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Kiada - 06-04-2018, 11:22 PM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Eira - 06-06-2018, 12:12 AM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Kyros - 06-07-2018, 07:58 AM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Korri - 06-08-2018, 10:39 PM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Sansa - 06-11-2018, 05:14 AM