This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
puzzle world
Open Siren's Summit 
Aurelia the Hopebringer
Currently championing: None
Aurelia

Gone were the early-evening shenanigans. Gone was the joy of simple fun. Gone was her first love, her first children, her first upper tier position, her companion. And it was only as she stood in the deep-blue lake with the rain tickling its way over her feathers and fur and flesh and soul that she dropped a heavy feeling from her shoulders. There, she began to feel some actual lightness, which made her want to leap forward and splish and splash, grab the stallion who vaguely resembled every broken memory of her past and dive deeper into the water, all of which would allow mere minutes of joy; unadulterated fucking bliss. She hadn't had that in a while.

However, she didn't do that. Instead, as he describes the magma-horse, she simply watches him, her lids blinking now and then, but her eyes never moving. And eventually, he asks a question that seems more loaded the more she thinks about it. She snorts softly, a sound nearly as loaded as his question. "You mean," she begins, turning towards him. "What didn't work me over?"

Having noted his distant position, she wonders silently if he is so unsure of her that he feels unsafe. Multitudes of horses have cowered away from her in moments like these, but his distant position didn't seem cowardly as much as cautious. Curious as to what he would do with her, to her, she begins slinking forward, a mangled, golden, shattered illusion; a temptress in the rain. She had the kind of eyes that predisposed you to supporting her every endeavor, the eyes of a charmer, glinting even through the rain.

She hated listening to others stumble on their words nervously or try to phrase things in the vaguest possible way so they wouldn’t sound dumb, and she hated how it was all just a game of trying to figure out what the other wanted to hear and then saying it. She hated that others actually cared about how they sounded, if they were making a good impression, if a friendship (despite how forced it was) had bloomed, how they all tried so hard to be remembered by everyone. She'd been like this once herself but oh how quickly it had completely drained her. She didn't waste time making any one specific sort of impression, but rather just decided if they like me, they like me. if they don't... sucks. He seemed similar in this way, but a more reserved kind. He wasn't abrasive and vulgar and brutal like she was, and in some strange sort of way she thought of him as somewhat gentle. He didn't speak just to speak. He didn't do things to be more well-liked. He just was. She liked it.

As she continued lingering closer and closer to him, her ears finally flicked forwards. Immedietely, and unsurprisingly, the simple act of pricking her ears forward lightened her harsh features and made her more approachable and seemingly less volatile. However, she was still venemous, a beast under the guise of gold and temptation. "Why stand so far from me?" She questioned in an innocently despicable way. "Hmmm, scared?" She smirked now, fully aware that there was no true chance he was afraid of her, but curious as to what he would say regardless.

like a deer in the headlights i meet my fate

image credits
{Image: 1zxwow6.jpg}

Messages In This Thread
puzzle world - by Aurelia - 03-20-2018, 04:41 PM
RE: puzzle world - by Ruwin - 03-21-2018, 12:09 AM
RE: puzzle world - by Aurelia - 03-23-2018, 01:44 AM
RE: puzzle world - by Ruwin - 03-23-2018, 08:14 PM
RE: puzzle world - by Aurelia - 03-29-2018, 03:50 PM
RE: puzzle world - by Ruwin - 03-29-2018, 10:14 PM
RE: puzzle world - by Aurelia - 03-30-2018, 02:50 AM
RE: puzzle world - by Ruwin - 03-30-2018, 03:53 AM