This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I Seem to Have Misplaced My Yearling, Again
Trial Rainforest Cliffs 
Vynter the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

He was all too familiar with the caves in Ultima. The ocean often called his name, and so he wasted no time in exploring these lands and often sleeping here throughout the night. So it took him no time whatsoever to find the caves that sheltered him; embracing the humid air that surrounded him with each step. Taking in a soft breath he shook his feathers and coat free of the salty brine, closing his eyes to enjoy the darkness; before finding his stash of dry bedding in order to prepare for a long night of rain.

Except this time a noise near the outside of the caves stopped him, causing his ears to prick and his head to delicately turn in the direction of the entrance. He took his time trying to assess who, or what, might be approaching his sanctuary. Despite the salt blinding most of his senses, he could smell the all too familiar scent of his beloved Rosco. When he began to turn and walk out to find him, another smell hit his nostrils. It was she, the blue babe with the broken wings and emaciated body. They had left on a very awkward, note, but he still often worried about her wellbeing.

Breaking into a brisk trot he revealed himself, finding the two actually walking together likely in search of shelter themselves. The girl was still wet, stronger than before and her wings still looked to be a lot better than he last saw her. However it seemed she wasn't eating as much as she should be. He would need to find something soon. Approaching them both he nodded to Rosco briefly, before looking at the smaller girl and pressing his face to her cheek in greeting. Although they weren't entirely close, he had missed her company greatly. When one takes three days to tend to someone, you often grow some sort of attachment. When he was done giving her an inspection of her wellbeing, he finally decided to speak.

"You've stopped eating again," he mused, looking at her seriously before walking around to inspect her petite frame. His lips found her wings, delicately lifting one in his teeth in search of any hidden infection. Since he had cleaned them and relieved much of the itching, it seems she had avoided biting at them. This had stopped the infections and breaking of feathers. He could even see some of them beginning to grow back. Letting the wing gently fall from his mouth he finished walking to her other side, instinctively pressing close as he had done in the cooler nights they had spent together. His eyes took note of her burn, realizing the Rift still had a grasp on her body.

He only hoped that as time went on the lands would have slowly let up on her fragile frame, but it seems no such luck. His brows furrowed for a moment, before he tenderly pressed his nose to her cheek in an attempt to lead her into the cave while quietly speaking,"There's bedding inside to rest on." He knew Rosco would follow, not because he wasn't independent, but likely because he would be gushing over the boy and scolding him for disappearing as he always did. The boy of course would let him express what he had to stay, and then move on with other things. Thus was their relationship, but it didn't seem like either of them intended on changing it anytime soon.

talk talk talk talk

Vynter
My will is a sword that cuts down anything in my way

@Eira

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Seem to Have Misplaced My Yearling, Again - by Vynter - 03-26-2018, 04:49 AM