This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I Seem to Have Misplaced My Yearling, Again
Trial Rainforest Cliffs 
Vynter the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

Diving beneath the briny waters was not granting him any purchase. Even when he went with the current the thickness of the salt made it hard for his eyes to truly see. He searched for the pebble eagerly, resurfacing with each toss of a wave in order to keep himself oxygenated. As he continued on his endeavor, the sun began to fully set the tide began to slowly rise. The wind began to pick up, causing the waters to stir and slosh around the yearling. He was unphased, continuing with his search in hopes of coming across the precious pebbles.

It was only when the storm was finally upon him did things began to change, the waves growing bigger and churning around his thin body. Soon he was no longer in control of the direction he swam in, instead being thrown about in a jerky and urgent manner. With each passing wave he got tossed harder and harder, before the beastly waters began to suck him in. Yet even now he wasn't panicked, merely interested in the way in which he was being moved. It was almost exhilarating; to not be in control of his own movements. He was a ragdoll at the ocean's disposal; and he held only the utmost respect for it.

A final jerk of the waters that held him under long enough that he nearly stopped breathing was what brought him back to a more logical rationale. He was fortunate that the waters popped him up like a cork, and as soon as he had the opportunity he began his way back to shore. He was beginning to feel the exhaustion pulling at his legs, and he nearly got sucked back in before he made it to the sandy shore. Coughing up some water he heaved, regaining breath and attempting to rid himself of the mild panic. His skull slowly lifted to look out into the ocean, ears curiously pricked to study the clouds rumbling ever closer.

As the waves began to slap at his legs angrily, he took a step back, before turning around and heading further in land in search of some shelter.

Vynter
My will is a sword that cuts down anything in my way

@Eira

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Seem to Have Misplaced My Yearling, Again - by Vynter - 03-22-2018, 03:29 AM