This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Engine of Change
RP Wanted The Portal 
Aurelia the Hopebringer
Currently championing: None
AURELIA

The conversation, in general, is strange, but also extremely uncomfortable for Aurelia. She is not quite ready to tell the story of her companion to this mare who she hardly knows. There is a screeching voice that slices through the air. It aggravates Aurelia slightly, but she remains cool, trying her hardest not to let the talk of snakes affect her as much as it can. Otem has already agreed to stay with Aurelia and wait for the presence to come try to strip her of her magic. It was a strange feeling for Aurelia, she wasn't used to being bait, but here she was, exposed in the open- her magic served to the Rift on a golden platter.

If Aurelia were to not answer Otem's prying questions, the silence would grow heavier by the second. Things could get very awkward when two strangers are forced to just look at one another in silence. She is asked if Kahlua or herself had to fight a snake. She chuckled dryly, finding the comment comical in a bitter, hateful sort of way. When her expression grows more serious again, she prepares to just let it out. The damaged pegasus will just say it, no matter the feelings that overwhelm her along the way. "The snake you've heard of was no monster the Helovians needed to fight off, nor was it something anyone had to fight off." The snake had frankly not done much harm in its short time alive. "It's name was Shilva, my bonded." Those words felt so good strung together.. Shilva, my bonded. Oh, how she wished she could rewind her life and begin all over again. She would've done everything differently. "I had just joined the World's Edge and I saw an opportunity to gain power and I latched onto it. I challenged Kahlua, who bested me through the incredible use of amulets and more." This was no lie. In reality, Kahlua was perhaps the most peaceful soul on the planet. Even when Aurelia had been vigorously attacking her, Kahlua tried her hardest not to use physical force. Instead, she tended to re-aim any magical attacks by Aurelia back onto her. At the end of the day, Aurelia had been attacking herself the entire challenge. "Amidst the chaos, she had kicked Shilva, flinging her small body hard and far." Aurelia replays the event in her mind. She remembers clearly the weakening of Shilva's voice within her head, the silencing of the bond, and then the loss of half of her soul. "She was dying rapidly, so I fled to the Dragon's Throat. I called for healers, anyone, to come help. By the time I was able to get help, she was departed." Aurelia remembers the ache in her legs from running miles and miles to the Throat. She remembers Shilva's lifeless body on the orange sand, the eyes of a sad audience watching as the hot summer sand burnt the dead snake's body. Aurelia's mind felt foggy as she recited the events that transpired to Otem, who was most likely getting more information than she desired. "I buried her shortly after." The grave was in the World's Edge. She had snuck back and buried the snake in the Edge when no one was watching. The burial was short, somber, and tiring. After that, the vixen had vanished yet again for quite some time. The loss of a companion would do that to someone.

With her story complete, they waited for the Rift to come alive, to steal her magic or items. Suddenly, a realization dawned upon her- my child. "Does the Rift take magic from.." She wasn't at all sure how to word this. "Fetuses?" Aurelia, Helovia's worst mother, was expecting her fifth child.

chaos is only understood
when it is loved by the wild, not the weak
image || coding
{Image: 1zxwow6.jpg}

Messages In This Thread
Engine of Change - by Aurelia - 12-21-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: Engine of Change - by Otem - 12-21-2017, 07:30 PM
RE: Engine of Change - by Aurelia - 12-21-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: Engine of Change - by Otem - 12-21-2017, 08:30 PM
RE: Engine of Change - by Aurelia - 12-21-2017, 09:48 PM
RE: Engine of Change - by Otem - 12-21-2017, 10:13 PM
RE: Engine of Change - by Aurelia - 12-22-2017, 12:53 AM