This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I Knew a Girl Like You
Private Ultima 
d'Artagnan
Currently championing:
Swept out of sight, rolling up on an ocean
Let's cut all the ropes and get lost in the moment

At some point, whenever he had obtained a moment to escape from three young fillies, d'Artagnan had emerged from the Portal without a clue on where to go or what entirely to do. Before, there had always some purpose to his travels. He had been banished to Anarore before being chased into Helovia, but the Rift was more like a place he might dream up when high on narcotics; as if he was in a permanent state of delirium. The Portal had groaned and breathed to life, yet in doing so the shade now felt hollow in a place he couldn’t pinpoint, as if some part of him was now missing, usurped from under his nose. He came to a halt just outside some sparkly cove with his ears lopsided and his mouth half open. 

“Right” he said, as if he was about to reveal some grand master plan, only for him to drop his head and offer Aramis a withering glance. What? The hellion grumbled at him, who still looked like a moth eaten mess, and d’Artagnan’s shoulders sagged a bit more.

“I don’t know” the idea had been to find some place to use as a ‘base’, but the Rift world so far had a disappointing lack of snowy mountains that left a bitter taste in his mouth. “Look at that” he motioned to the ostentatious crystal cave opening with great disgust before taking in the vast expanse of ocean that surrounded it “what's with all the water too” he criticised and grumbled.  Finally, looking at his rain soaked body as he built into a crescendo, he flicked his drenched tail with disgust “and if this pissing rain doesn’t stop” he left it hanging; what was he going to do really? Other than drown. 

Despite all of his moaning, he wandered closer to the cave entrance, deciding if he couldn’t find a snow capped mountain then a cave was probably the next best thing, and his mismatched gaze was now far more interested in peering further in than anything else. He followed it, his red coat faintly reflecting in the crystal structure from whatever light managed to make it through here and there, but the Rift, the shade had noticed, was quite dark for the most part except for the freaky neon glowing. The cave itself dove into the sea, much to d’Artagnan’s now utter disgust, as he stood there with the ocean lapping at his cloven feet. Aramis sat back on his haunches a few paces back from the Doctor, hinting that if anyone was going in, it wasn’t going to be him. 

“If you think I’m going in you can think again” he shot the hellion a look of offended disdain, if only to cover up that he was actually interested, not that it fooled Aramis.

@Tamlin

credit
Tamlin
Currently championing:
I hate it here Aviya. The forest is full of buzzing insects and everything is soaking wet. I am soking wet! I don't even know which plants are edible. Yesterday I had to kill a whole family of rodents just to grow some regular grass for myself. I wish you were here, but also I don't. I would not want you to have to endure this hellish place. But if you did not pass through the portal, have you then perished in Helovia with the rest? I don't want to think about it, I don't want to feel this... this.... I don't want to FEEL!. Would you just wake me up, oh please, Aviya, for sureley this is but a nightmare.

Tamlin was standing further down the crystal tunnel, bent over the bloody carcass of a seagull. He often thought of his childhood friend like this. As if he were reciting letters to her. Letters she would never get. She was always with him when his mind was clear. She was never far from his thoughts and that hurt him - for he was reminded of what he had forsaken. Maybe this was the reason he so often sought to dull his mind by (as he put it) “speaking to his mother”.

On one hand Tamlin despised himself for being such a whiny bitch and on the other he felt like kicking the walls until they shattered in a million pieces and the water flooded the cave - drowning him. You tried that, you idiot, how did that work out, huh?

Ever since he came to this retched place with its strange vegetation and alien lights he had been fairly clean. The constant rain and wetness kept the dirt and grime out of his coat and as of now he looked a fair deal like his old self - except for his thinned out body and tangled mane and tail. And of course his deep set, vacant eyes.

He looked to the dead gull again and loosened his magic. His frost-tipped horn glowed slightly as a blue flower sprouted from the blood and guts of the bird. It was a type of water lily - a blue lotus. It had glossy green leafs and a glowing fire-colored center. It was a very pretty flower. Tamlin bent down and his lips parted, but just as he was about to take a bite out of the flower a voice came echoing down to him. A voice so eerily familiar that he flinched and snorted with surprise. Who was that?”

He could see something that resembled the shape of a horse (and something else) through the walls and the turquoise water. But he could not place the voice, he only knew somehow that he knew it.

”Hello?” he almost whispered, the simple word echoing through the tunnel.

Falln-Brushes | funnybunny-stock | Breathless-dk | DruidWuStock | carmi-stock | Burtn

@d'Artagnan
he reaps in blood

- Every kind of violence may be used against Tamlin at all times -