This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Bitter Taste
Open Tar Pits 
Requiem
Currently championing: Reszo
Watching the stone slowly sink and eventually disappear into the black muck had far less of an impact than watching a living being. The stone did not struggle. It did not fight desperately for survival. It did not scream and cry out in terror. It simply sank silently into the abyss, and would remain there ... well, forever, Requiem assumed.

Once the stone disappeared she turned her attention back to her companion and caught him staring at her. "It's different when a living being is stuck in it." She said, thinking that he was staring at her because of the stone. It wasn't until he looked up at the sky then motioned to her wings that she realized he hadn't been staring at her because of the stone. He was staring because she'd told him that she couldn't fly. Even though he couldn't speak his eyes, expressions, and body language was enough for her to figure out that he wanted to know why she couldn't fly.

"I never learned how." Requiem answered the unspoken question.  She could have tried to teach herself, but she had never been concerned enough to put the effort into learning how to fly when there was so much else in the world around her that she could learn about. "My brother and I were separated from our mother when we came through the portal from our first home." She explained. "My father didn't have wings, so even if he had made it through he wouldn't have been able to teach us anyway." It was spoken matter-of-factly and without much emotion because, honestly, if Requiem thought too much about it she would realize just how lonely she was and how much she missed her family. It was easier not to talk about them or to think about them.

"Do you have family here?" She found herself asking. "Or are you alone, too?"

"."
Requiem
“Oh, come forth into the storm and rout
And be my love in the rain.” 
― Robert Frost

image | coding

@Seiji

Messages In This Thread
Bitter Taste - by Seiji - 05-26-2018, 10:05 PM
RE: Bitter Taste - by Requiem - 06-05-2018, 08:14 PM
RE: Bitter Taste - by Seiji - 06-09-2018, 09:41 PM