This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Take me home
Private Floating Key 
Eira
Currently championing: Reszo

Wave after freezing wave of brackish ocean water broke clean across her head, pushing her beneath the surface, threatening to sever her from the thread of self-preservation which kept her otherwise afloat. Eira grew quickly exhausted, her thin, wasted frame robbed of all warmth and strength, and her body could find no source of sustenance within her, from which to fuel energy. The hopeless weight of loneliness befell her, sweeping resignation through her frail mind - I’m lost now, just a tiny bubble in this stormy sea…

But all was not beyond hope.

Not one, but two shadows - eagles - soaring on through the veil of falling rain, caught her stinging eye and the tiny, sooty chin at the end of her water-swamped face struggled ever upwards, desperate to rouse their notice. “Please, help me!” …frightened thoughts reached out to them, once or twice before they’d been heard and she wished with every fibre of her being for the same to happen now. Perhaps it was their lofty vantage, or maybe her silent words had touched their minds, for the nearest swooped lower.

His figure rapidly morphed into the length of a horse, and Eira’s heart thrashed inside her tiny, trembling breast, inspired further as he plunged into the bitter surf alongside. So warm were the words delivered above the wind, that a smile flashed through the weary weight of her expression and she found herself paddling with vigour renewed - wings, legs, her entire being, thrusting and lunging as the water frothed around.

…and then dense shade fell suddenly across her.

The other bird was sailing just beyond the surf, his familiar breadth and flavour washing down upon her like vivifying sunlight. “Roscorro!” …her young, shaking mind sang out, and though she sank momentarily and accidentally lost momentum, her eyes traced the hairy line of his undercarriage excitedly. “It’s Roscorro!” …her brightened eyes told the other - the colt who struggled along beside her, and elated - encouraged by their company - Eira finally found footing upon the shore.

@Roscorro @Kyros
Note: she hasn't learned to narrow her mind's voice, so everyone can hear everything she thinks aloud (if that makes sense).

Messages In This Thread
Take me home - by Kyros - 05-02-2018, 07:36 AM
RE: Take me home - by Eira - 05-04-2018, 02:46 AM
RE: Take me home - by Roscorro - 05-04-2018, 03:36 AM
RE: Take me home - by Kyros - 05-08-2018, 05:27 AM
RE: Take me home - by Eira - 05-10-2018, 05:59 AM