This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Take me home
Private Floating Key 
Kyros the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
He wished there was something usefully he could be doing instead of wasting his time every day. A snort slipped from his dark nostrils as he pondered his life. Having brought Hope back to the Rift, she had returned to him as well. Now he realized how much time he had lost feeling sorry for himself. 'Maybe it was my age...' He knew foals needed to be around their parents, or at least one of them, for several months. He hadn't had the chance to do that. His mother had abandoned him the second he had fallen asleep at her side. His father had been with him for only a few short months before he had been taken. His aunt and Granddam had been in his life for mere moments before their life had been snuffed out as well.  He sighed deeply, trying to let the pain fall away, if only for a moment.

The colt watched the creature for a while longer before the sound of wings drew his attention away. Smokey ears swiveled trying to pinpoint the sound has growing muscles stiffened. He moved swiftly half rearing as he spun around. He heard a deep voice, but couldn't make out the words over the thrumming of his hooves. Black eyes picked out the horse beast flying over the water. He stared opened mouthed at the creature. Was it some dark creature of the Rift, or a strange equine? There was no way to know without getting it's attention. He scented the air carefully drawing in the stallion's smell. His black eyes would just make out spines, horns, and scaly clawed fore legs. After his appearance really settled in he noticed he was circling above the ocean. Shifting his gaze to the waves he noticed a head bobbing in the water.

Without a second thought he launched from the beach landing with a loud splash. He had swum this water many times before chasing all fear for himself away. His metal falcon flew above him ever present as he struck out firmly against the chilly water. Before long the yearling was beside the filly then passing her. Carefully he turned and swam beside her. "Don't worry now miss, I wont let anything happen to you." He panted as a smile slid calmly over his dark grey face. "You're doing fine." He matched her ready to help if she needed it. He wouldn't allow her to go down, even if she did he would willingly go down with her.

Black eyes took in her face realizing she was about his age and a pretty light blue roan color. He was careful to keep his legs away from hers, wouldn't do any good for either of them to get hurt. He glanced up at the creature above them his eyes narrowing. His falcon flew around the beast dead eyes watching it closely ready to dive into action if the man made any wrong moves. it wasn't until he heard the stud send down words of encouragement that he relaxed and turned back to the girl. He smiled at her warmly. "We're almost there Miss, we got this!" His voice was warm and triumphant as he swam strongly beside her. They could and would do this together. He wasn't sure why he felt the need to help her. Why his heart had clenched when he noticed her head bobbing in the waves. Was this the kind of bravery his father had tried to instill in him? Would the Sun have dove in like this? Did it even matter? He was not the Sun, only like him. He shoved the thoughts away and focused wholly on the girl beside him.
------------------
talk
Words;; 607 @Roscorro
Kyros

I am a child of the moon
Born of the sun
{Image: GXaleou.png}{Image: 7fHJvV8.png} 

Messages In This Thread
Take me home - by Kyros - 05-02-2018, 07:36 AM
RE: Take me home - by Eira - 05-04-2018, 02:46 AM
RE: Take me home - by Roscorro - 05-04-2018, 03:36 AM
RE: Take me home - by Kyros - 05-08-2018, 05:27 AM