This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Under the Sea
Open Ultima 
Aurelia the Hopebringer
Currently championing: None
Aurelia
Aurelia's mention of Helovia garners the largest response from the mare yet. Her demeaner shifts from distant and unemotional to eager. Oh, how the tables have turned. Aurelia had been the one scrambling for more information, asking the questions, but now Taivus was. Hm. Her initial question is to ask Aurelia if she is Helovian. Was that not what she had just basically said? She had done what Aurelia had almost seconds before. The mention of a god had sparked the question there's a god? and Taivus had basically said if it acts like a god and looks like a god, it's probably a god. "Yes. I said we. That includes me." Her speech was choppy, not due to the fact that she was foreign, not due to complicated words, but due to the fact that she wanted it to come across in a sharp sort of listen better way.

When Taivus asks what happened to the land, Aurelia's harsh features soften slightly. Aurelia could only assume that from the mare's prompt reaction to the mention of Helovia, the minute trail of questions that followed, and her previous claim of not knowing many natives that she was a Helovian, too. In all honestly, Aurelia kind of just assumed most of the horses here were Helovian. She knew that there were natives somewhere around here, but there were so few that they were mostly negligible to her. She'd never really thought about horses coming here from places besides Helovia. "Helovia.. uh..it.. well," She wasn't at all certain how to word this and stuttered for a moment, searching for the correct words to tell Taivus what accurately happened to Helovia. "Helovia is dead." It was possibly one of the harshest ways she could've put it, but the words had already left her lips and she couldn't retract and alter them. "When this land's portal revealed itself on Helovia, war broke out. It was powerful Rift beings versus Helovians and the Earth, Fire, Moon, and Time gods." She figured going into detail would be more beneficial to the mare than leaving her with numerous searing questions. "Many horses died, conceivably some of my own children included," she stated evenly. She hadn't seen her kids in years (except Aei'ith). They easily could've died and she would have no knowledge of it. "The land is corrupt. There is no moon, but also no sun. Nothing there is alive. Time itself stands still." Aurelia had told Otem that the gods were slain, and she was fairly certain they were. She had no proof to back this up, but the land had died so dramatically and suddenly that the gods couldn't have possibly lived. The portal had sucked all the animals in, barely anything avoided it. Aurelia had simply eluded it because she wasn't technically in Helovia at the time, but wandering its outskirts amidst her own bout of insanity and mental chaos.

Eventually, Taivus explains herself further, telling Aurelia she simply misunderstood, but something the stranger says doesn't settle well in Aurelia's mind. My skill is to heal wounded flesh, not to repair sickly trees and rampant weather. Her brows furrow once more but she allows the mare to finish correcting her. She offers a beautiful sentiment and Aurelia shakes her head disappointedly. "Your words are flowery and pretty, they inspire hope, but there is still a gaping hole in what you are saying." Aurelia had not met a single soul whose purpose was to heal the land and cure its sickness.

Briefly, she remembers her conversation with Otem. Aurelia had sort of always known the Helovian gods had children with mortals to keep the peace. If anyone would be tasked with the actual healing process of the land, it was certainly them, but they were dead. Hototo (the only child of a god Aurelia knew personally) was killed by his aunt, according to Otem. Isopia, the Earth's second child who doubled as Otem's mother, had only been referred to in past tense, so Aurelia could only assume she was dead or unavailable. And what had come of the Sun's child or the progeny of time? Aurelia had never bumped into them and therefore automatically assumed they no longer were relevant, dead or gone. These horses were the ones that would be tasked with fixing the land, but where are they now? Not here. Who did that leave? "I understand your duty in life is tending.. wounded flesh," she offered, using the mare's own words. "And I understand everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, but do you truly believe that there is not more you should- or could- be doing? You have an orb for fuck's sake." She shoved her snout in the direction of the mare's orb as the words left her lips. "You would not have an orb if you are only supposed to deal with matters of the flesh. There is more to do here than just live as you have in the past." The pegasus was passionate as she spoke, her voice strong and definite. "If living according to our strengths and weaknesses is what we should do, I shouldn't be here right now. I should be out there" she gestured with her snout again towards the exit of the tunnel. "causing copious amounts of chaos and destruction." A slow back-and-forth shake of her head was the only thing the mare did before she said one last thing. "But if I do that, how the absolute fuck will that get the land closer to being healed- to finding this warm and bright light?"

ooc; sorry aurelia is very argumentative, she completely took over here x:
oh, tell me, what's the matter?

image credits
{Image: 1zxwow6.jpg}

Messages In This Thread
Under the Sea - by Aurelia - 12-27-2017, 07:53 PM
RE: Under the Sea - by Taivas - 12-27-2017, 08:28 PM
RE: Under the Sea - by Aurelia - 12-27-2017, 11:30 PM
RE: Under the Sea - by Taivas - 12-28-2017, 06:13 AM
RE: Under the Sea - by Aurelia - 12-28-2017, 08:12 AM
RE: Under the Sea - by Taivas - 12-28-2017, 04:57 PM
RE: Under the Sea - by Aurelia - 12-28-2017, 07:23 PM